TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Tomahawk Mark Offerdahl

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

Mark Offerdahl, one of the United States World Cup heroes, has signed for newly-promoted Championship club North Wales Crusaders.

LINK TO ARTICLE

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

He looked very handy in the games I have seen. Wouldn't have looked out of place in SL. Good luck to him and Crusaders for next season. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#3 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

So the two WC games at Wrexham worked well as a 'try before you buy' option.:-)

#4 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

The 2014 North Wales Crusaders squad is currently as follows:

Toby Adamson, Craigh Ashall, Karl Ashall, Steve Bannister, Dan Birkett, Owain Brown, Jamie Clarke, Adam Clay, Jamie Dallimore, Owain Griffiths, Lee Hudson, Tommy Johnson, Ryan MacDonald, Rob Massam, Gary Middlehurst, David Mills, Andy Moulsdale, Mark Offerdahl, Michael Platt, Stuart Reardon, Christiaan Roets, Jono Smith, Simon Stephens, Jonny Walker, Kriss Wilkes, Greg Wilde.

New signings are in red, although Adam Clay played in North Wales in our first season.

There are possibly one or two signings still under negotiation.  I'm very excited about the squad that North Wales Crusaders are building and looking forward to our first season in the Championship. Can't wait for our pre-season friendlies; Championship fixtures are out soon too.

Edited by gogledd, 22 November 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#5 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

Great signing. I thought he was one of USA's best players. That squad has some real strength in it.

#6 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

Looks like a super signing, he stood out.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#7 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

North Wales a Team to watch next year with the potential to build on their already big crowds :)

Well Done North Wales

#8 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

Very good signing for the Cru.  Looks a handy squad too & they should more than hold their own in the Championship. You can't help but be pleased with the way they've developed since almost going out of business a few years ago.  Well done!

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#9 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

There's certainly a buzz about the place. Not saying we're going to rip up the championship but we're certainly going to hold our own and perhaps a few shocks on the way. Roll on the friendlies.

#10 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

great business by clive, offerdahl has had an excellent world cup and will go well for cru next season.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#11 made in wales

made in wales
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Got to admit, as a South Walian, I can only look on in envy!

#12 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Very good signing for the Cru.  Looks a handy squad too & they should more than hold their own in the Championship. You can't help but be pleased with the way they've developed since almost going out of business a few years ago.  Well done!

Thanks for the very kind words GM.

The old Crusaders did go out of business thanks to the previous owners!!

So the fact that we have come so far in just two seasons is testament to the hard work done by those that didn't want RL to die in Wrexham. Other than retaining the word "Crusaders" in the name and thankfully being able to secure the Glyndwr Racecourse Ground as a home, North Wales Crusaders have nothing to do with the old club run by the men who pulled the plug on the old Cru'.

I and many others are so looking forward to the coming season and the fact that we have been able to make some very good signings just makes the prospect even more exciting. (especially as there could be a couple more to come).

Regards 7

#13 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

Got to admit, as a South Walian, I can only look on in envy!

Me too. We will be making the trip North again next year. Can,t wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users