Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Stand

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 626 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

The licensing authority deem that, in the case of rain, anyone standing on the open terrace will migrate under cover. Hence the ground capacity remains as before.

That seems a bit odd. Obviously the likes of Leeds and Wakefield will count their large open terraces in their official capacity - is it because their open terraces are separate from the rest of the ground (i.e. fans can't migrate between stands) and Dewsbury's isn't? Otherwise I don't understand that logic at all

#62 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

That seems a bit odd. Obviously the likes of Leeds and Wakefield will count their large open terraces in their official capacity - is it because their open terraces are separate from the rest of the ground (i.e. fans can't migrate between stands) and Dewsbury's isn't? Otherwise I don't understand that logic at all

The licensing authorities for all of these grounds are different and may apply differing criteria. Kirklees have never been unduly helpful towards the sports clubs under their jurisdiction regarding the authorisation of changes. The hops that we had to jump through to get to this stage would make the mind boggle, particularly as the requirements appeared to change every time there was a review.

I never said that there was any logic to this, did I?

:hunter:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#63 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 942 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

What baffled me was why can you stand up to the perimeter fence along the south stand but not on the new terrace? The yellow coat jobsworths we're up and down like little Hitler in the first half enforcing the rule!

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#64 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

What baffled me was why can you stand up to the perimeter fence along the south stand but not on the new terrace? The yellow coat jobsworths we're up and down like little Hitler in the first half enforcing the rule!

The club made a very clear announcement about this beforehand which you surely must have read. It is a part of the licensing requirement that the front walkway is kept clear at all times, hence the stewarding of this.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#65 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 942 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

I obviously missed this BSJ but why isn't this enforced along the south stand fencing especially to the right of the stand in front of the badger bar as this is to allow access to the new terrace. You know what they say about pleasing everyone. Just blowing off steam.

But have to say a good job has been done by those involved in the project

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#66 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:58 AM

The ground looks great. Nice and tidy, just one more side to go, not bad after 20 years!

#67 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

I obviously missed this BSJ but why isn't this enforced along the south stand fencing especially to the right of the stand in front of the badger bar as this is to allow access to the new terrace. You know what they say about pleasing everyone. Just blowing off steam.

But have to say a good job has been done by those involved in the project

I don't know MF - I don't make the rules and I must admit it doesn't make a load of sense.

(Very) older readers make recall that at Crown Flatt we were forced by Kirklees to close the Sugar Lane terracing 25 years ago due to fears that the weight of the crowds (!!) might cause it to slide down the banking and cause a national disaster. Minds were suitably boggled by this decision too.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#68 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

I don't know MF - I don't make the rules and I must admit it doesn't make a load of sense.

(Very) older readers make recall that at Crown Flatt we were forced by Kirklees to close the Sugar Lane terracing 25 years ago due to fears that the weight of the crowds (!!) might cause it to slide down the banking and cause a national disaster. Minds were suitably boggled by this decision too.

I am staggered that anybody would be surprised at the decisions made by Kirklees council, either now or back then when we apparently had a potential Aberfan on our hands - least of all an old cynic like you BSJ. Of course the safety of our new terrace won't fully be tested until we have had a visit from Widnes's accident prone pie-pochondriac fat Stan.

#69 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

The ground is subject to local authority regulations which determine what the club must adhere to in order to secure our ground safety certificate. These conditions are absolute and whether fans agree with them or not we have no choice but to implement them accordingly.

In order to ensure the new stand was open for boxing day we put out a statement explaining that certain rules would have to be enforced as required by various regulations which as you can understand are completely out of our hands, but in place for the safety of all spectators.

Stewards were advised that they should enforce the regulations and requirements accordingly in order to protect the safety of all spectators. Additionally, as a club we have to fulfil certain obligations which if we do not, can land the club in hot water. With this in mind stewards attempted to apply the rules appropriately but fairly, and we can only apologise if some fans felt like the stewards were ‘jobs worth’s’ but we make no apology for making the safety of spectators our primary concern.

In regards to standing in front of the new terrace, that area has been designated as an official walkway and will be marked with yellow hatching to remind spectators that they should not stand in this area. The same rule does actually apply to the South Stand walkway which will also be marked with yellow hatching in due course and spectators will be discouraged from standing there as well.

Hopefully this will help clarify things a little.

Edited by Official Rams Updates, 31 December 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users