Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

I defy anyone....

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

To say that wasn't one of the best matches ever

#2 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

I agree Mark....quality all over the place and McNamara justified in his dropping of Chase for Widdup.

#3 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Got to agree, one of the best, heartbreaking to concede with only 19 seconds on the clock. Widdop should have been in the starting line up from the begining for my money though. Hope this next game is just as good, being a Hornets fan I have a huge soft spot for the Bati.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#4 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

Brilliant game, shame about the result,. WHAT A FANTASTIC ADVERT FOR RUGBY LEAGUE.

#5 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

The shot at the end of the game of James Graham with blood pouring from his head epitomised everything about the game and Rugby League in general.I know it's a cliche but Rugby League was the winner!

#6 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

It didn't make the journey home any better though!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#7 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Game of the Tornament  -   New Zealand v Samoa  at Warrington for me

#8 LiondressedasRam

LiondressedasRam
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Totally absorbing, and for 79 1/2 minutes, emotionally right up there with Old Trafford 1987

#9 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Superb game I agree, but gotta concur with Riggy though, that the Kiwis v Samoa match at Warrington was even better!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#10 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

At least the 2nd half was!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#11 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

I was that stunned that it was half-time in the second semi before I could watch. It was superb being at Wembley and it was so nearly a dream come true that next week at OT I'd be watching our boys rather than the Kiwis stick it to the Aussies. Gutted!
....and as for an advert for the game just remember Spelly that at least this one was on BBC so the TV audience will have been a lot more than for the other matches.

#12 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

Would like to single out Sam Burgess - probably the best performance I've seen from a prop forward.  At the moment he's got the lot.

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#13 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

[quote name="PhillH" post="2841955" timestamp="1385367094"]

Would like to single out Sam Burgess - probably the best performance I've seen from a prop forward. At the moment he's got the lot.[/quote
Trying with every ounce of my being to disagree with you as is tradition. ....but I can't
Probably the perfect forward performance.

#14 pc6090

pc6090
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

i think its a shame that the TV coverage has been so limited, with only the England games shown live and pretty limited highlights of the other games

#15 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

Would like to single out Sam Burgess - probably the best performance I've seen from a prop forward.  At the moment he's got the lot.

Spot on Phil,he is without doubt one of the best currently.

#16 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

Widdop was man of the match for me on Saturday.   And the best part of the Aussies v Fiji game was the final hooter !!!

Riggy

#17 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Totally absorbing, and for 79 1/2 minutes, emotionally right up there with Old Trafford 1987

If you've ever put '1/2' when you really wanted to put '½' instead, here's how to get the fraction you actually want.

Open a Word document and click on the 'Insert' tab and then 'symbol,' 'symbols' . And there you'll find all sorts of very handy goodies, including the common vulgar fractions you're after.

What I did long ago is copy, paste and save the fractions on a blank document for easy access as and when required.

:sungum:

#18 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

Who played?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users