England v N.Z.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

It was a good game today but at the end the differences between Super League and he N.R.L. were there for all to see.

In Super League there are too many 'GIMMEE' games were the top sides like Wigan, Wire, Leeds and Saints can just trot out and win at a canter and the intensity isn't there and consequently when we go out against the Aussies and New Zealand we have a slack period which puts them back on top and it happened again today. The same thing happened against the Australians in the first match. Set our stall out got a decent lead and let it slip, come back was too little too late. Again today, we looked like we'd fought our way on top only to let the foot off the gas and WHAMM, they were on us like rottweilers. We got back in front but then again inexplicably slackened off, gave an unnecessary penalty away and again the players used to 80 minutes of rugby took the spoils.

I know the players were doing their best but until we get a better domestic competition and stop chucking money at London etc, we'll not get the intensity into our game as they have. Over in Australia they try their best to get in the Origin sides but when we had the 'Roses' games all our big names cried off with knocks and scrapes and then reclaimed their places when the internationals came around.

Final point, McNamara really does give me the pip. Ever since he marched out of that press conference he's been interviewed and there hasn't been a trace of emotion in his voice or mannerisms. His game comments sound like he's reading a shopping list, no emotion, no stressing points just his monotone delivery of what sounded rehearsed thoughts.

The sad part is that we could and should have been playing the Australians next week at Old Trafford.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

It's not often the best team loses in Rugby League, that's the nature of the game. Today England proved you can be the best team and still lose. The England players gave their all and along with Kiwi's provided a classic game of League. There was more excitement in any 5 minutes of todays game than all 180 minutes of the last two England football matches at Wembley.

#3 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:50 AM

Can`t agree that England "were the better side",I didn`t think there was anything in it,but to lose on the last play of the game was indeed a heart breaker. I said it five years ago and was glad I got it wrong,but Australia will win this World Cup at a canter next week,though expect the Kiwis to give it a good shot. I was just pleased that the reffing was a lot better than it has been and hope whoever refs the final,Bentham or Silverwood,lets the players play the game without resorting to giving too many pedantic penalties.

#4 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

Better Bentham, than Silverwood, talk about past the 'sell by,' far too many referrals to video in the Fiji game. He should bypass Specsavers, and go straight to the LASIK surgery.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#5 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

Hi Dave, we have to agree to disagree on that one. By the way I tried to reply to your email a week or two ago but I think it may have not got through. Are you still having problems with emails ?

#6 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Yeah,there`s still that double l (L) on the front of Lillian when it shouldn`t be. Try davelillian53@bigpond.com .

#7 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

What was Burgess thinking? He obviously cannot tell the time, a matter of 30 seconds left and he does what they practice on road signs in the Gold Coast.

It also exposed the myth of Kevin Sinfield - his miss from not far from injfront earlier in the game was the difference in the score, and his feeble attempt to tackle Johnson on the 'winning' try made a mockery of the RLW worlds best player.  No wonder the aussies scoffed at it.

No noubt the RL will continue the propaganda about the best ever world cup.  One semi final ended 64-0 (happened in any other sport before including our own) and the average winning margin for England, Australia and NZ in games not playing each other was 40 points.  It has been a qualifying tournament to see who will join (and be murdered by) Australia, NZ and England in the semi finals.  The only team without an NRL player in the team lost all three games (Wales). The final is the same as in the last two world cups (again any precedent in other sports).

It was disturbing to read in RLW that some teams couldnt play their best players because they couldnt afford unpaid time off work.  Why wasnt the organisation paying handsomly the participating teams to avoid this being a problem?  Where are the profits going - propping up London.

Lets hop[e we get a great final.

#8 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

Think that`s a bit harsh Anita,though you`re right;it was always going to be Australia v NZ or England. I thought Scotland,USA and the Pacific Island teams all played very well and there`ll be several players from those sides who will be playing for Aussie or the Kiwis next World Cup. Those so called minor countries are really what it`s all about;their flair,dances and songs were a delight to see and it`s things like this that appeal far more in getting people interested in the game than having the game played in places like Hemel Hempstead,Gateshead or Neath where nobody`s interested apart from some bloke who has too much money in his pocket. Ok,we all knew Australia were going to win it,but I remember saying that five years ago at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane when several of us wore our blue Hornets jerseys and witnessed the Aussies get their backsides well and truly kicked!

#9 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 504 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Better Bentham, than Silverwood, talk about past the 'sell by,' far too many referrals to video in the Fiji game. He should bypass Specsavers, and go straight to the LASIK surgery.

Its Silverwood.

http://www.dailymail...sies-Kiwis.html
A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users