Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fixtures

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

http://www.nwemail.c..._medium=twitter

#2 bwa

bwa
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

First thing I noticed is that we have only 2 guaranteed home game in 8 weeks (16 Feb - 13th April)

Then 4 home games out of 5 in May.

What is so complicated about the good old fashioned Home - Away - Home - Away etc.

This messes up the Clubs finances and some fans struggle paying out every week etc.

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

First thing I noticed is that we have only 2 guaranteed home game in 8 weeks (16 Feb - 13th April)
Then 4 home games out of 5 in May.
What is so complicated about the good old fashioned Home - Away - Home - Away etc.
This messes up the Clubs finances and some fans struggle paying out every week etc.

It's not so easy when the likes of Rochdale and Doncaster have to have 4 and 6 away games on the trot to allow for pitch renovations, there is bound to be a knock on effect for other clubs.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,755 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

When did you play the teams who were at home when you were at home and away when you were away ?

I hear a lot about this HAHA pattern but the reality is that it never happened.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 884 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

When do the TV fixtures come out. As you can see there are no Thursday Night games yet

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

When did you play the teams who were at home when you were at home and away when you were away ?

I hear a lot about this HAHA pattern but the reality is that it never happened.

Not only did it never happen it is impossible for it ever to happen. I used to draw up the fixture list for our local bowls league and quite often I was asked this question but some teams have to have 2 consecutive away games and vice versa at some point for as you say if half the league are at home and half away on a regular basis, when would the home teams get to play each other or the away teams play each other.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 884 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

To be honest I think the fixtures look quite good. The only hiccup  would be March 15th and April 5th if we get drawn away.

Also the grand final, is that not on the same weekend as the Super League play off final

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#8 Doughty

Doughty
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

When do the TV fixtures come out. As you can see there are no Thursday Night games yet

Soon I hope gaz. I'm not having it that I get stitched up for my sheffield over nighter (for the 4th season in five)

#9 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Are super duper league not talking about playing Thursday nights? (Sky tv) If so where would that leave the lower leagues and premier sports? Saturday or Sunday afternoon showings?

A link with regards to Thursday night SL
http://www.superleag...tures-announced

Edited by Paul Ballantyne, 25 November 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#10 bwa

bwa
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

Not only did it never happen it is impossible for it ever to happen. I used to draw up the fixture list for our local bowls league and quite often I was asked this question but some teams have to have 2 consecutive away games and vice versa at some point for as you say if half the league are at home and half away on a regular basis, when would the home teams get to play each other or the away teams play each other.

In that case then you could have just 2 home games back to back and 2 away games back to back and the rest HAHA.

If you look at some of the SL Clubs they have the above in their fixture list.

I just think you should not have more than 2 consecutive games H or A.

#11 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

said this before, got to start making away games more affordable for away fans. in this financial climate I would let all away fans in for nowt or even half price. sell admission tickets at away fans clubs so theres no skull doggery and get more away fans to the games. cant rely on tv games for money as I think in the long run the club looses out. ok cup games maybe but as far as league is I am more than happy to miss out being on the box.

#12 UnclesUndies

UnclesUndies
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Personally disappointed with Sunday Rugby again, were Saturday evenings never an option? Saturday was much more of a social occasion before & after the game.

I think attendances would be higher on a Saturday.

#13 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Would be good if the games V Town and Haven were to be played on a Saturday.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#14 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

In that case then you could have just 2 home games back to back and 2 away games back to back and the rest HAHA.
If you look at some of the SL Clubs they have the above in their fixture list.
I just think you should not have more than 2 consecutive games H or A.

As I said in an earlier post it isn't as simple as that especially when you throw in the Doncaster are having 6 away games on the trot and Rochdale 4 away games on the trot because they can't use their pitches for renovation work. That has a knock-on effect for every other clubs fixtures.

#15 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

Personally disappointed with Sunday Rugby again, were Saturday evenings never an option? Saturday was much more of a social occasion before & after the game.

I think attendances would be higher on a Saturday.

Couldn't agree more.  Used to love Saturday evenings in the setting sun.  Make it so....please!

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#16 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Yeah Saturday evenings were a lot better, there was always a better atmosphere with more people drinking etc....

#17 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Yep Saturday evening is the way forward for me, at least i can get home on the train after a few pints at the rugby, Sunday i have to drive so its no pints...less money in the clubs coffers...

#18 Sp1der

Sp1der
  • Facebook
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

Saturdays always worked better for us and lots of other supporters, plus the better bus train services. But hey will get there when ever possible

Sp1der

#19 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

It has to be Sunday for me. Anyone with an interest in amateur rugby would be stymied too.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#20 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

Saturday afternoon at your amateaur side, saturday evening at craven park...perfect day...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users