Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fixtures

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

I don't think you can beat a sat night watching a game with a few beers

#22 STW

STW
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

And B@llo#ks to those, like myself, who have to work most Saturday's then eh ?.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Steve W

#23 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

And me and the wife work most sundays...Can't please everyone mate...

#24 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,196 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

The answer in my opinion is to have some games on Saturdays and some on Sundays. I'd have games such as Featherstone on a Saturday night at 6.30 with their half decent away following and also good set of fans. Maybe have a band on after the game put some food on and make a night of it until about 10-11 o clock, I'm sure Fev fans would stay behind as many of them seem to stay over. This could also be the case for Halifax, Leigh and potentially NW Crusaders. Maybe the club could look to work with local hotels and the bigger clubs in the Championship to get some Saturday night type events put together. If we offer a deal for 50 fans from an away side ect and can offer a good deal on a hotel and mention the after game entertainment maybe it may tempt some away fans into it? It's just an idea I guess but would it interest away fans?

A couple of seasons ago when there was a band on after the game and sun was setting and there was 100-200 fans congregating around the popular side it created a rather pleasant atmosphere. It could be good to try and recreate that.

The teams with minimal away support: Sheffield, Doncaster Swinton ect should go on a Sunday.

Undecided about our Cumbrian rivals for Sunday or Saturday. I really don't know what both sets of fans prefer.

#25 Sp1der

Sp1der
  • Facebook
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

I'm in RSN sounds superb if possible?

Sp1der

#26 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

It does sound good but it would mean an end to my trips up to Barrow.
As I stated in a previous post I couldn't get to games as I'm involved with Coventry Bears on a Saturday.
Even if the Bears were not playing it would mean either a hotel or a 400 mile drive, there was a time when that wouldn't have bothered me but as I get older and the M6 gets busier I do find it more problematic.
At the moment I come up on the train and with my railcard I can do Coventry to Barrow return for £13.90 it would cost £60 in petrol if I were to drive.
So I vote for Sunday!!!
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#27 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

the only ones that are a problem for me (with working away) are the Thursday televised home games ... looks like they are a thing of the past with SL moving games to that slot.

I did manage to get to Leigh and Swinton away last year with being Thursday eve games so will miss that.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes