Fixtures for 2014?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

The list has been published on the web site.

Now seeing as we currently have no players, home venue or anything else is this a good sign?

I know that a list of fixtures would be thrown up in any case but for the club to post them on the site is a different thing entirely!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#2 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Loyal !

Are you a member of the supporters trust ?   If not please go to the website and download your application form and send it your subscription straight away.

The trust are working very hard at the moment and we need all the supporters behind us to keep things moving.

Riggy

#3 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

I think I would be more worried if the fixtures weren't put on the website...........

#4 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Loyal !

Are you a member of the supporters trust ? If not please go to the website and download your application form and send it your subscription straight away.

The trust are working very hard at the moment and we need all the supporters behind us to keep things moving.

Riggy

I'm right behind you Riggy and not criticising anyone or trying to upset all the good work that is going on at the moment. I'm just seeing it as a positive that the fixtures have been posted and a glimmer of hipe for the future.

Perhaps I didnt post it correctly!

(or spell 'hope' correctly either)

Edited by LOYALION, 26 November 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#5 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

I think you have perhaps struck on a bit of an "elephant in the room" Loyalion.  But a topic that needs addressing.

It is clearly a precondition of the club taking to the field next season for it to be included in the fixture list by the RFL, and therefore to see the name of Swinton Lions in there is definitely a very good thing.  But personally I wouldn't read too much more into the appearance of the fixtures on the club website, as much of the upkeep of that website is actually done on a voluntary basis (including by Ian Rigg himself), rather than by club employees.

Some confusion is understandable with blurring of the lines between what constitutes the club and what constitutes the Trust.  I do feel some people over the years have lost sight of the importance of the Trust existing as a properly functioning Independent body and delivering against an open constitution.  At a time such as this, absolute clarity is fundamental - especially if it transpires that the only way for the club to survive this crisis is for ordinary supporters to have to commit relatively large sums of money.

To this end, one thing I have personally found a little strange is why the club website http://www.swintonlionsrlc.co.uk and most recently this foum have been used to provide supporters with updates that have clearly come from the Trust, but not http://www.lionstrust.co.uk.

Additional clarity on these points would be very much welcomed, over to you Martin.

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#6 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

I didn't put the fixtures on Phil unless i have changed my name to Ryan !!  So yes it was updated by a club employee .

See you at Halifax for the first game !

#7 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

I didn't put the fixtures on Phil unless i have changed my name to Ryan !!  So yes it was updated by a club employee .

See you at Halifax for the first game !

Best wishes to Ryan, good to know that he is still around as right now its not an exaggeration to say that he IS all that remains of Swinton Lions.

Cannot be an easy time for him at the moment, unless he is good at coping with uncertainty and has another income.

Thus a very big gap remains between Ryan, your good self or ANOther posting the fixture list to the club website and having a team ready to complete those fixtures, but I admire your confidence!

#8 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

It makes sense to put them on this forum and indeed the club website.

I think most fans look on these two media firstly for information but I agree a similar statement on the actual trust site would do no harm and therefore I will mention this tonight at the meeting.

#9 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

I never look on the club website now,have to admitt that The Swinton Lions Family page on Facebook seems to impart most information at the moment.

#10 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

It makes sense to put them on this forum and indeed the club website.

I think most fans look on these two media firstly for information but I agree a similar statement on the actual trust site would do no harm and therefore I will mention this tonight at the meeting.

I emailed the Trust today suggesting that the Trust website should be the place for announcements with a very obvious "in your face" link to subscription details which might encourage any visitor to sign up.  There could be a link to such announcements posted on the Fans Forum. 

#11 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'm sorry I started!

#12 Martin

Martin
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

To answer Phil's question, the reason why I put the last update on the forum is that I work away a lot and I can't access the trust ( or club, they're both on the same server) website on my work laptop as it comes up as a gambling website. Don't know if anyone else has the problem, I think it can only be to do with adverts.

However as has been pointed out to me updates should really go on the Trust website, then hope that people then click on the membership page and become part of our growing team.

But I know the first thing that will happen is that someone will copy and paste onto here!

For info we will provide another update for Friday.

#13 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

Same thing happens to me Martin. When I'm away from home my phone says I'm not allowed to access the Swinton website due to some restriction!...perhaps both gambling and Swinton RL aren't good for your health or your state of mind!

#14 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Same thing happens to me Martin. When I'm away from home my phone says I'm not allowed to access the Swinton website due to some restriction!...perhaps both gambling and Swinton RL aren't good for your health or your state of mind!

Well at present it certainly feels as though the Kidds are playing a game of Russian roulette with the future existance of the club!

#15 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

Well at present it certainly feels as though the Kidds are playing a game of Russian roulette with the future existance of the club!

If only you knew the truth. There are lots of people doing lots of things at the moment. I will say no more

#16 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

If only you knew the truth.

Amen to that, brother! Its high time that we ALL knew the truth.

#17 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

You can't handle to truth!

Couldn't resist, welcome back Mr H!

#18 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

Pity he couldn't return with something nice to say

#19 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

He is entitled to his opinion and thoughts, but as Riggy states there are a lot of people pulling together to help keep our great club in existence.
Much of it can't be published just yet. I'd like to think that whatever the outcome all the supporters will learn how much effort is being made .

Amazing how we heard nothing from him when the team was finishing the season strongly though.

#20 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

Busy watching Leigh I suppose!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users