Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New signing announced Wednesday?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

According to twitter could be some good news Wednesday. Maybe it could be the new signing who we've been after from a World Cup nation which was still involved in the World Cup at the semi final stage( according to the press) the player wev been tracking is a centre, the only Fijian centre who's not with an nrl club is ilisavani jagesa. Is this our new signing?

#2 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

According to twitter could be some good news Wednesday. Maybe it could be the new signing who we've been after from a World Cup nation which was still involved in the World Cup at the semi final stage( according to the press) the player wev been tracking is a centre, the only Fijian centre who's not with an nrl club is ilisavani jagesa. Is this our new signing?Rite little Charlie Barlow u m8.Or is this 2 plus 2 making 56 lol

#3 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

We are short of a big ball handling centre so could be interesting!But will we have any problem with getting a work permit like we've had in the past?

#4 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hi guys - The news is not a new signing.

Glenn has worked hard to put together a formidable squad and he is happy with the guys he has. Other than a potential replacement for Brad the squad is complete.

Thanks

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#5 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Hi guys - The news is not a new signing.

Glenn has worked hard to put together a formidable squad and he is happy with the guys he has. Other than a potential replacement for Brad the squad is complete.

Thanks

So we are no longer interested in a world cup player, and Glenn has solved the problem of us being light in the centres (his words) then ? - just  matter of another squad filler, or has Glenn someone in mind?

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

So we are no longer interested in a world cup player, and Glenn has solved the problem of us being light in the centres (his words) then ? - just  matter of another squad filler, or has Glenn someone in mind?

Given that SPC clubs don't yet know what the rewards or otherwise will be from next season then I can't see the wisdom of attempting to make any more signings, even if it would keep the grumpiest fans happy.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

Given that SPC clubs don't yet know what the rewards or otherwise will be from next season then I can't see the wisdom of attempting to make any more signings, even if it would keep the grumpiest fans happy.

Yeah largely agree, but whatever uncertainties there are, there is no reason to believe that relegation will no longer be an issue. We will still need a full squad with cover in all positions to avoid it, and Glen is far from the only coach in the division who thinks he has a top six squad. He thinks he is light at centre by his own admission, so I assume he will see it as a priority rather than a luxury. You are right though, there is no point in signing somebody just for the sake of it. Maybe he has one of the young Bulls in mind - Sam Wood would be handy. :)

#8 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

The announcement is somewhat underwhelming if it's the other thread.

I guess the club will benefit if the Bulls hit the buffers again.....

#9 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

Still not a fan of the bulls partnership

#10 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

I can see Sam Wood from the Bulls being a regular feature at the Rams this coming season. He is a centre and is VERY highly thought of at the Bulls. So much so that they've just given him a contract extension until the end of 2017.

#11 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

I can see Sam Wood from the Bulls being a regular feature at the Rams this coming season. He is a centre and is VERY highly thought of at the Bulls. So much so that they've just given him a contract extension until the end of 2017.

If that were the case I'd be delighted - he is a real prospect. I won't build my hopes up too much though - past experience and all that.

#12 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

If he is SO highly rated he will be in their first team, won't he? He can get injured playing in any team if they are thinking of 'looking after him'.

Edited by Crown Flatter, 27 November 2013 - 07:32 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#13 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

If that were the case I'd be delighted - he is a real prospect. I won't build my hopes up too much though - past experience and all that.

http://www.thetelegr...ger_pupil_Wood/

The link is to a piece in the Telegraph and Argus this morning and mentions that Wood will be playing at the Rams. He may well get a few games at the Bulls, but there are rumours of them bringing a centre in, and the already have Matty Blyth, Adrian Purtell and Adam Henry, aswell as Luke George who can provide cover there.

Adam O'Brien speaks very highly of his time at Dewsbury last year. I know some fans are against the Dual Reg system, but O'Briens year with you benefited the player himself and both clubs.

#14 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

http://www.thetelegr...ger_pupil_Wood/

The link is to a piece in the Telegraph and Argus this morning and mentions that Wood will be playing at the Rams. He may well get a few games at the Bulls, but there are rumours of them bringing a centre in, and the already have Matty Blyth, Adrian Purtell and Adam Henry, aswell as Luke George who can provide cover there.

Adam O'Brien speaks very highly of his time at Dewsbury last year. I know some fans are against the Dual Reg system, but O'Briens year with you benefited the player himself and both clubs.

Happy as I m that Wood could well feature, it's rather disturbing how we are viewed by the press.

telegraph and argus

" With Wood ineligible to play for the under-19s this season, as he will turn 20 before the new year, the Halifax-born former Siddal amateur will play at Bradford’s feeder team Dewsbury in the Championship "   :O

#15 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Happy as I m that Wood could well feature, it's rather disturbing how we are viewed by the press.

telegraph and argus

" With Wood ineligible to play for the under-19s this season, as he will turn 20 before the new year, the Halifax-born former Siddal amateur will play at Bradford’s feeder team Dewsbury in the Championship " :O

Lazy and irresponsible journalism. You're not providing them with players, are you? That's the connotation of the phrase 'feeder club'. I'd be firing off an email of complaint if I was a Dewsbury fan.

Posted Image

#16 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

telegraph and argus

" With Wood ineligible to play for the under-19s this season, as he will turn 20 before the new year, the Halifax-born former Siddal amateur will play at Bradford’s feeder team Dewsbury in the Championship "   :O

Not just me then

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#17 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Does it say a specific Wednesday?

There are 3 more before Christmas !

#18 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

We are closing in on a replacement for centre Brad Watkinson.

The club has had constructive discussions with an overseas player who played in this year’s Rugby League World Cup. There are a number of formalities still to complete including the issue of a work permit by the Border Agency and the club aren’t prepared to release the name of the player at this stage.  As soon as we are in a position to release further information then we will do so.

Thank you for you patience.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#19 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

The announcement is somewhat underwhelming if it's the other thread.

I guess the club will benefit if the Bulls hit the buffers again.....

mmmm

#20 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

Hearing that you've been gazumped by the Eagles in regard to the World Cup centre referred to above.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users