Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TRL Forum Final Meet-Up

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

Having previously missed some Forum meet-ups (including the one in Huddersfield), I wondered whether there was any inclination for a set pub to meet up before the final on Saturday.

I don't know Salford/Old Trafford/Manchestaaaaah that well, so open to ideas… that is, of course, if anyone wants to meet up again so soon after the last one.

I promise to wear my Mighty Penguins shirt (it now fits, having not fit me properly first time round!)
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#2 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

I promise to wear my Mighty Penguins shirt (it now fits, having not fit me properly first time round!)

You've grown into it I assume, just like your mum said you would.  ;)

Love to meet up but the coach schedule does not allow any free time for such things unfortunately.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#3 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

You've grown into it I assume, just like your mum said you would.  ;)

Love to meet up but the coach schedule does not allow any free time for such things unfortunately.

Actually, I've slimmed down, hence it fits properly - the reversal of the usual process. I've lost four or five stones, or something crazy like that, this year. I am now officially "normal sized" (according to one of my best mates here in Bristol, any way)
www.bristolsonics.com

#4 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

City arms off canal st normally good for gf. Rugby fans and handy for metro to exchange quays

#5 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,081 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

The usual meet up spot is The Moon Under The Water on Deansgate, however nobody seemed to make it for the last GF.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

City arms off canal st normally good for gf. Rugby fans and handy for metro to exchange quays

Think you've got pub or street name wrong
City arms is handy for metrolink but its not on canal st

#7 Chairman M

Chairman M
  • Coach
  • 11,823 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

The usual meet up spot is The Moon Under The Water on Deansgate, however nobody seemed to make it for the last GF.

I used to enjoy the annual GF drinkies At The Moon Under The Water. We must plan it for next season again. :drinks:

Leicester Saint

#8 wirecab

wirecab
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

City Arms is on Kennedy Street- Canal St is a totally different location. City Arms has a cracking range of real ales on but is a tad small. Went to the Rain Bar before the Magic Weekend and the buzz was epic along with the outside food. Good beer again!

#9 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Canal Street...

Could be an interesting mix, drunken rugby lads and some butch women/effeminate blokes

Other opinions found on Twitter @stixrooster

#10 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

Canal Street...

Could be an interesting mix, drunken rugby lads and some butch women/effeminate blokes

Discreet query: Are the first letters of each word still missing from the street sign. ;-)

#11 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

Discreet query: Are the first letters of each word still missing from the street sign. ;-)

Discreet Answer: Walked along there on Sunday afternoon with the mrs on the way to the Xmas markets (well worth a visit by the way if you are in Mcr on Saturday!), didn't notice, but will look out for it next time!

Other opinions found on Twitter @stixrooster

#12 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,081 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

Discreet Answer: Walked along there on Sunday afternoon with the mrs on the way to the Xmas markets (well worth a visit by the way if you are in Mcr on Saturday!), didn't notice, but will look out for it next time!

The markets are great if you're into glühwein, I'd recommend the Heidi, glühwein with a shot of schnapps in it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#13 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

It was like that years ago when I was last in the area, so unless the council has replaced it, it should still be quite a comical read given the context of the area.

#14 The Dude

The Dude
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

The Knott opposite Deansgate Station is a good place if you like good ale and food.  Always lots for Rugby folk in there when a big match on in Manchester.  Even spotted Dave Hadfield writing up something before the GF this year.

#15 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

The Knott opposite Deansgate Station is a good place if you like good ale and food.  Always lots for Rugby folk in there when a big match on in Manchester.  Even spotted Dave Hadfield writing up something before the GF this year.

Sounds like a good shout. Will also ask my Manchester connections for recommendations
www.bristolsonics.com

#16 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Sorry was the city road inn I meant but also been in City arms. Normally been out all day in oldham before I get there hence why my bearings are all wrong

#17 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

And it's Bridgwater canal not canal st

#18 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

The knott is very good but gets packed

#19 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

Waxy O'Connors is where we will be starting.

#20 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,989 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Waxy O'Connors is where we will be starting.

I once tried getting a free drink in there on account of having the same surname. It failed miserably, tight gets.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users