Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Partnership

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

Dewsbury Rams have today renewed on an ongoing partnership with Super League outfit Bradford Bulls.

The agreement, which was first made prior to the start of last season, has been extended for a further 12 months.

And it is to again see all eligible members of head coach Francis Cummins' Bulls squad dual-registered with our own Dewsbury Rams.

"I felt the partnership worked very well last year, it operated consistently and proved extremely beneficial for both parties," said Cummins. 

"Playing against fully-grown men in a competitive arena is absolutely vital for the development of some of our younger guys in my opinion.

"And a fantastic example of that is Adam O'Brien, who last year was playing so well for Dewsbury that he ended up warranting a place in our first team.

"He has grown as player after a year with the Rams, impressing in a good chunk of Championship fixtures, and is now in-line to feature heavily for us – in Super League – next season.

"The partnership, I believe, is continuing to grow and we will be working alongside the Rams again in a bid to help one another achieve respective goals."

Dewsbury boss and former Bulls star Glenn Morrison's squad will benefit from shared training programmes and access to members of Bradford's backroom staff.

And, in addition to a January 19 friendly (kick-off 3pm), the Rams are likely to have a selection of Cummins' squad available for Championship duty throughout the course of next season.

"We are delighted to be officially partnered with the Bulls for a further 12 months," said Morrison.

"I have had a number of meetings with Francis and we have developed a close relationship, which will give us access to the Bulls’ conditioning setup and access to training programmes.

"The plan is that this will help us become an even more professional organisation in the way in which we operate, helping us to achieve the targets we have set ourselves."

Dewsbury Rams have today renewed on an ongoing partnership with Super League outfit Bradford Bulls.

The agreement, which was first made prior to the start of last season, has been extended for a further 12 months.

And it is to again see all eligible members of head coach Francis Cummins' Bulls squad dual-registered with our own Dewsbury Rams.

"I felt the partnership worked very well last year, it operated consistently and proved extremely beneficial for both parties," said Cummins. 

"Playing against fully-grown men in a competitive arena is absolutely vital for the development of some of our younger guys in my opinion.

"And a fantastic example of that is Adam O'Brien, who last year was playing so well for Dewsbury that he ended up warranting a place in our first team.

"He has grown as player after a year with the Rams, impressing in a good chunk of Championship fixtures, and is now in-line to feature heavily for us – in Super League – next season.

"The partnership, I believe, is continuing to grow and we will be working alongside the Rams again in a bid to help one another achieve respective goals."

Dewsbury boss and former Bulls star Glenn Morrison's squad will benefit from shared training programmes and access to members of Bradford's backroom staff.

And, in addition to a January 19 friendly (kick-off 3pm), the Rams are likely to have a selection of Cummins' squad available for Championship duty throughout the course of next season.

"We are delighted to be officially partnered with the Bulls for a further 12 months," said Morrison.

"I have had a number of meetings with Francis and we have developed a close relationship, which will give us access to the Bulls’ conditioning setup and access to training programmes.

"The plan is that this will help us become an even more professional organisation in the way in which we operate, helping us to achieve the targets we have set ourselves."

Ryan Sparks

Media Executive

Bradford Bulls

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

If we used the agreement like we done last season,then i think we can pick up another O'Brien for most of the season,it can be good for our club.With the squad we have got for 2014,we might only be getting the odd one here and there anyway.Interesting that the deal is for 12 months,wonder what will happen after that?

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

If we used the agreement like we done last season,then i think we can pick up another O'Brien for most of the season,it can be good for our club.With the squad we have got for 2014,we might only be getting the odd one here and there anyway.Interesting that the deal is for 12 months,wonder what will happen after that?

No-one can answer that at present until the SL chiefs decide upon our fates.

:angry:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#4 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

No-one can answer that at present until the SL chiefs decide upon our fates.

:angry:

Any idea when they are meeting to hand out the crumbs ? I have come to the conclusion Hetherington backed the original proposal because he would love a SL with just the well supported money spinners in it, while Leneghan and his lackeys would sooner keep the cash, and let natural wastage reduce the size of the division. Either way, our (the championships) best interests are of little or no concern to any of them. Bar stewards to a man. :rtfm:

#5 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

The way I read it, we get to use facilities we wouldn't otherwise have access to, access to staff we wouldn't other wise access to, and access to players on the fringes of good things ahead.

All this will undoubtedly save the club money, improve the training and development of the team and give us options for places if a player gets injured (for example) When combined this should hopefully transform into results on and off the field.

How on earth this can be anything other than a good thing for Dewsbury I have no idea!

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

Bradford are in deep doo doo according to the statements made to a fans forum on Dec 4th - large holes in the finances and players being told they can leave if they wish.

See: http://www.thetelegr...vive___/?ref=eb

I can't see us getting much out of the partnership next season.

A great shame for Bradford fans.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 05 December 2013 - 11:32 AM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

I think it's time the rugby league stepped in at bulls,wakey & London to see what is actually going on it's only a couple of months before the season starts!!!

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think it's time the rugby league stepped in at bulls,wakey & London to see what is actually going on it's only a couple of months before the season starts!!!

They're already heavily involved at all three clubs but you wouldn't expect them to bail them out would you? Other than that it is difficult to see exactly what the RFL could do other than reduce SL to 12 immediately.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

DR belittles our comp, I hope we end ours with Wigan asap

#10 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

DR belittles our comp, I hope we end ours with Wigan asap

I hope you don't mind me asking but who do you support?
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#11 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

They're already heavily involved at all three clubs but you wouldn't expect them to bail them out would you? Other than that it is difficult to see exactly what the RFL could do other than reduce SL to 12 immediately.

They've already bailed out Bradford......have you forgotten that they've got an 'iconic' ground?

#12 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

I hope you don't mind me asking but who do you support?

He's a Leigh supporter.

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

They've already bailed out Bradford......have you forgotten that they've got an 'iconic' ground?

Come on LTS you know better than that. They didn't bail out Bradford but secured the large debt that Bradford owed them by taking over the lease on the ground.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

Just read in paper that bulls have asked players to take a 10 per cent wage cut to which they have refused. They need to save £400,000 to stave off administration or even liquidation!

#15 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

Will they be requesting our spare players on DR next year?

Tough times in RL as some of us predicted last season.

:hi:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#16 Superdave

Superdave
  • Players
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

Looks like they are preparing their fans for a possible change of kit!!

http://www.bradfordb...ahead-of-launch

Wonder if they will pick the 1888 one?

#17 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

Looks like they are preparing their fans for a possible change of kit!!

http://www.bradfordb...ahead-of-launch

Wonder if they will pick the 1888 one?

Or 1963 maybe?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#18 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Its not uncommon for the feeder club to change its strip to resemble the parent club.

#19 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

I always thought the Rams strip was iconic, didn't realise you nicked it from Bradford Northern, yer Scallys!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:47 AM

I always thought the Rams strip was iconic, didn't realise you nicked it from Bradford Northern, yer Scallys!

Tell me one single club that still plays in their original strip?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users