Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Season Tickets Vouchers

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

At the back of our season tickets for 2014,i notice two tickets that says Matchday Voucher A and B.Has the club got something planned later in the season with these vouchers,maybe bring a friend to the game for a fiver to one of the less supported teams,or got something else planned?

#2 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hi Andy,

There are no current plans for the vouchers in the booklet at the moment. The reason they are there is that events may arise where we would like to give Season Ticket holders priority - For example if we should have an all ticket home cup tie.

Additionally there may be times where we wish to do promotional work where vouchers are needed.

In short, it's easier to have the vouchers in the book now, than want to put them in later.

Thanks.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#3 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

Hi Andy,

There are no current plans for the vouchers in the booklet at the moment. The reason they are there is that events may arise where we would like to give Season Ticket holders priority - For example if we should have an all ticket home cup tie.

Additionally there may be times where we wish to do promotional work where vouchers are needed.

In short, it's easier to have the vouchers in the book now, than want to put them in later.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply,let's hope we get a nice home draw for a change next year :no:

#4 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hopefully the club do some promotional work for some of the games against teams who won't bring many fans. Batley are already planning to get a big crowd to there opener v Workington and are asking fans for new ideas to get crowds up. Maybe our club could do the same? Listen to ideas and maybe do some of them to increase our gates?? Do nothing and crowds won't rise and will only continue to dwindle.. Good ways to get fans in, curtain raisers, bring a mate for free to a selected match if the clubs choice or for a fiver, maybe improve our pre match entertainment, face painting in summer, local bands playing prematch and ht either on pitch or behind south stand, maybe even a BBQ in summer in one game behind south stand and a pre match happy hour every week? Just afew ideas. I'm sure members of the amber ribbon would help if needed, I'd certainly help??

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 28 November 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hopefully the club do some promotional work for some of the games against teams who won't bring many fans. Batley are already planning to get a big crowd to there opener v Workington and are asking fans for new ideas to get crowds up. Maybe our club could do the same? Listen to ideas and maybe do some of them to increase our gates?? Do nothing and crowds won't rise and will only continue to dwindle.. Good ways to get fans in, curtain raisers, bring a mate for free to a selected match if the clubs choice or for a fiver, maybe improve our pre match entertainment, face painting in summer, local bands playing prematch and ht either on pitch or behind south stand, maybe even a BBQ in summer in one game behind south stand and a pre match happy hour every week? Just afew ideas. I'm sure members of the amber ribbon would help if needed, I'd certainly help??

In my experience the one that has always worked best is winning matches, preferably in style, but I'm probably just an old fuddy-duddy.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 787 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'm not sure Batley would agree.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

I'm not sure Batley would agree.

But I think they would actually. Whilst their crowds are not as good as their team deserves they have shown an increase as their performances have improved. You may also be surprised just how low our attendances have fallen in the past, entirely in line with our showing on the pitch.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

The only guarantee is that if you don't market and promote, your customer base will dwindle.

To Official Rams Update - is there any chance of occasional email updates?

Like when Season tickets are available? Some of us don't use Facebook and Twitter

Another one is to post club details on away opponents forums, Facebook, Twitter etc.. a week before they play us. Containing info like when bars are open, beers available , time bars open, post-match speeches , admission prices, parking etc..

It would only need writing once (and I am happy to help write it) , hard to prove how effective it will be, but on the basis it will cost nothing, it is hard to think of a reason why not to do it.

#9 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

The only guarantee is that if you don't market and promote, your customer base will dwindle.

To Official Rams Update - is there any chance of occasional email updates?

Like when Season tickets are available? Some of us don't use Facebook and Twitter

Another one is to post club details on away opponents forums, Facebook, Twitter etc.. a week before they play us. Containing info like when bars are open, beers available , time bars open, post-match speeches , admission prices, parking etc..

It would only need writing once (and I am happy to help write it) , hard to prove how effective it will be, but on the basis it will cost nothing, it is hard to think of a reason why not to do it.

Hi Wakefield Ram,

When information becomes available it is publicised by the club on the website, Twitter, Facebook and this Forum. Additionally, we are lucky in that we have a good following across all the social media platforms as well as a close media relationship with the local press and RL publications.

However, achieving a 100% reach with our news and updates is always going to be difficult and so wherever we can improve we will always try to.

Please feel free to send me your email address (and indeed anyone else) and I will ensure that when news becomes available it will be emailed to you at the same time as publication across the social media outlets.

I must also thank you for your suggestion about posting details on opposition forums and would encourage all Dewsbury fans to be proactive about the club in respect to the various other teams in the Championship.

Thanks.

Official Ram,

Thee used to be an e mail mailing list. On the rams website homepage there is a function to sign up for email news. Hopefully someone still has the list? Daniel maybe?

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 30 November 2013 - 08:39 AM.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#10 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 787 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

Mmm generally yes a winning team brings in crowds but go back through Batleys att the last 10 years up and down. In 2012 they dropped.
But it's a wider issue for all clubs in the championship how to bring in crowds. Maybe we will see a bounce from the world cup.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#11 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

But do championship clubs do enough to promote themselves? We as a club could do a lot more to get fans in

#12 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 787 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

There is always something clubs would like to do but being able to do it is something else. Like the app suggestion good idea but cost wise its a non starter. The club is doing well with the updates here and else where so hopefully we will see a bigger push this season.

[

#13 Daniel

Daniel
  • Coach
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

Thee used to be an e mail mailing list. On the rams website homepage there is a function to sign up for email news. Hopefully someone still has the list? Daniel maybe?

Just log in to the admin section of the website and click on the menu item called Subscribers CSV and it will download a .csv file of the email subscribers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users