TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Sports Personality of the Year 2013

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

Disappointing not to see Ben Watson in there after providing one of the most memorable bits of FA Cup history since the crazy gang waltzed off with the cup!  :ph34r:

#22 Bigal02

Bigal02
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

Murray will win by a country mile.  At least he's British - for the moment!

#23 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

To be fair, it probably would go to the RU Lions even on a public vote.  As it's journos voting for what they 'know' though it's definitely going to be the Lions.

It doesn't matter who wins it, the golfists will be furious.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#24 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,149 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

It doesn't matter who wins it, the golfists will be furious.

Which is odd, considering golf is a pastime not a sport.

<dons tin hat and runs for cover> :D

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#25 St Reatham

St Reatham
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

Ian Woosnam is already getting ready to kick off in spectacular fashion.

#26 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Surely you mean tee-off!

#27 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

How Tai Woffinden missed out on being nominated is a mystery, our first speedway world champion for 13 years. He started the World Championship GP series as the rank 200/1 outsider and proceeded to not only win it but win it by some margin despite having to ride 2 meetings with a badly broken collarbone.

#28 Bigal02

Bigal02
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

They should brighten golf up by installing hazards on the greens.

Things like a small windmill, where one has to hit the ball through the rotating blades. A giant walnut whip were the ball has to be hit up  until it falls down the middle, and every 18th hole should have a clown's mouth opening and closing to finish the round.

#29 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

How Tai Woffinden ... our first speedway world champion for 13 years ... despite having to ride 2 meetings with a badly broken collarbone.

How do you get a good broken collarbone?

;)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#30 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

How do you get a good broken collarbone?

;)

How on earth can you ride one of those contraption across shale with a broken collarbone?  Lord have mercy that must have smarted a bit!

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#31 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

How on earth can you ride one of those contraption across shale with a broken collarbone?  Lord have mercy that must have smarted a bit!

Seriously, he looked like he had a coat hanger sticking out of his shoulders !

#32 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

How Tai Woffinden missed out on being nominated is a mystery, our first speedway world champion for 13 years. He started the World Championship GP series as the rank 200/1 outsider and proceeded to not only win it but win it by some margin despite having to ride 2 meetings with a badly broken collarbone.

Is he the young lad from Scunny?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#33 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

Ian Woosnam is already getting ready to kick off in spectacular fashion.

But Golf is not a sport but just a waste of a good walk.

#34 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

how come the SPOTY rarely has a personality?

#35 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,403 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

I'd love to see Sam Burgess win it one year, he really is the supreme example of a rugby footballer, but as long as he plays RL he's no chance.  When I was a kid and a Neil Fox worshipper I could never understand why the likes of RGD (Dickie) Jeeps was nominated but Neil wasn't, there was no comparison, Neil was the complete footballer.  It was a case of "when I was a child I spake as a child etc" 

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#36 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

I'd love to see Sam Burgess win it one year, he really is the supreme example of a rugby footballer, but as long as he plays RL he's no chance.  When I was a kid and a Neil Fox worshipper I could never understand why the likes of RGD (Dickie) Jeeps was nominated but Neil wasn't, there was no comparison, Neil was the complete footballer.  It was a case of "when I was a child I spake as a child etc" 

To be honest, a sportsman has to win an international trophy to be considered. That probably means beating the Kangaroos. And, if we did that, we'd get shortlisted for the team award, rather than one player winning the individual prize.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#37 Northern Eel

Northern Eel
  • Coach
  • 678 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

To be fair, it probably would go to the RU Lions even on a public vote.  As it's journos voting for what they 'know' though it's definitely going to be the Lions.

Surely the Mighty Bantams of Bradford City are odds on certainties?

#38 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,149 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Have to say how proud and emotional I was seeing my friends Sara and Michael picking up the Helen Rowlenson award on behalf of their mum Ann.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#39 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Have to say how proud and emotional I was seeing my friends Sara and Michael picking up the Helen Rowlenson award on behalf of their mum Ann.

I had hoped for Steve Prescott to win but the award to Ann Williams was very special and totally deserved.
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#40 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

I got seriously p-eed off about SPOTY this year, every time I turned it over I was seeing a Union winner, or a Union blast. Warren Gatlend Coach of the Year? Really? GB & I RU, Team of the year, just because they won a test in Australia? and Wales Union's Halfpenny 2nd in the overall SPOTY?

What a load of Botox

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users