• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Martin

Martin
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

is published on the Trust website - http://www.lionstrust.co.uk/

Edited by Martin, 29 November 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#2 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

And what exactly will the council do?and who is the preferred takeover candidate?still many questions.

#3 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Rob. They're called the Trust
And in them I suggest you trust
We all want answers but once and for all lets give these hard working VOLUNTEERS credit and an ounce or two of good manners
Keep your powder dry for a few more days

#4 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

Thanks again for keeping us informed.  Yes the info is limited at this delicate stage but we are being kept aware of what has happened and what is planned which is a huge improvement on the silence that went before.  Keep up the good work.

#5 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

We all want answers but once and for all lets give these hard working VOLUNTEERS credit and an ounce or two of good manners

I have no issue with the trust,it is the other people who are higher up that I don't particularly like or have time for,especially anything to do with Salford City Council,despise that lot with a passion,and I fully agree with what the trust is doing and all credit to them.

#6 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

It is Salford Council who may give us the green light to build a new stadium. It's not very wise to slate them on here at the moment considering!

The Trust are currently in some form of negotiations with them regarding somewhere to play next season so do you agree or not?

Either way, you are entitled to your view but just keep it veiled for now eh!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#7 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

It is Salford Council who may give us the green light to build a new stadium. It's not very wise to slate them on here at the moment considering!

The Trust are currently in some form of negotiations with them regarding somewhere to play next season so do you agree or not?

Either way, you are entitled to your view but just keep it veiled for now eh!

Well in my opinion once the issues regarding ownership of Swinton RLFC are put to bed,then as to regard a venue,if Salford Council are indeed co owners of Barton,then they should insist that Swinton RLFC are allowed to play there for a nominal rent for the foreseeable future and then I might be inclined to suggest that Salford Council are doing something for Swinton RLFC for once.

#8 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

I'm getting confused by all this! I know it doesn't take much.Are the Trust one of the interested parties in taking over the club or are they the very last resort if everything else fails?

#9 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

I hope that whichever interested party takes over Swinton RLFC that the supporters trust insist that they have a place on the board of directors so they have a say in what happens and I would hope that any new constitution would legally recognise the trust as a serious and substantial partner in the day to day running of Swinton RLFC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users