Complain to the BBC about this

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

It's disappeared for me in Spain. Where do I complain?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...omplain-online/

All of us overseas at the moment need to let the BBC know. Thye wouldn't do to union so why to Rugby League.

#42 creditwhereitsdews

creditwhereitsdews
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

Has anyone else noticed that since the weekend Rugby League is now no longer one of the main sports listed under the "BBC Sport" banner on the BBC website and you now have to click on "More sport" to access it?

Cycling is listed there, as of course is rugby union, however it seems RL has been downgraded.

#43 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

Has anyone else noticed that since the weekend Rugby League is now no longer one of the main sports listed under the "BBC Sport" banner on the BBC website and you now have to click on "More sport" to access it?

Cycling is listed there, as of course is rugby union, however it seems RL has been downgraded.

I've just gone to bbc.co.uk then clicked on sport and RL is the fifth banner on the top of the page. so no I haven't noticed it.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#44 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

Still there on the version I'm looking at.

#45 creditwhereitsdews

creditwhereitsdews
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:13 AM

Very strange. It's definitely not there any more. I'm accessing it from overseas (Singapore) so maybe that has something to do with it.

#46 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

It's displaying Football>>F1>>Cricket>>RU>>RL>>Tennis>>Golf>>Athletics>>SPOTY.

Move on, nothing to see here.

#47 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

This has been done to death on another thread somewhere (maybe RLFans) - it seems to be the overseas version only. Ironic after such a successful World Cup.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#48 Mr Wind Up

Mr Wind Up
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

This has been done to death on another thread somewhere (maybe RLFans) - it seems to be the overseas version only. Ironic after such a successful World Cup.

Depends. BBC Sport isn't some global behemoth. People going to BBC are probably looking for their general and world news. Imagine most sports page hits are British. I'm sure the Aussies got their World Cup news from their own media. 

Edited by Mr Wind Up, 02 December 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#49 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,617 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

I think the clue may lie in the "British" in BBC

#50 Mr Wind Up

Mr Wind Up
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

BBC news/world news is a major global institution. BBC Sport might not be however. So yes, and no. 

#51 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

so why have an international site?

#52 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

so why have an international site?

They can advertise on it
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#53 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

For the good of Rugby League world wide complain to the BBC about this. They haven't and wouldn't do it to union.

#54 Mr Wind Up

Mr Wind Up
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

For the good of Rugby League world wide complain to the BBC about this. They haven't and wouldn't do it to union.

Probably based on demand. Maybe there just aren't that many people clicking on RL from overseas. I just don't think there's a conspiracy here. 

Edited by Mr Wind Up, 02 December 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#55 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

Probably based on demand. Maybe there just aren't that many people clicking on RL from overseas. I just don't think there's a conspiracy here. 

What even in Australia and New Zealand?

In Australia I'm sure there are numbers visiting the BBC website for League news which are comparable to those visiting for Union news.

#56 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

so why now? Did the numbers go down during the World Cup?
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#57 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

Sounds fair enough if they're just geo-targeting content(who cares about rugby league in South America, honestly?), but if I've followed the thread properly that doesn't explain why its getting shifted in Australia.

#58 creditwhereitsdews

creditwhereitsdews
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

Complaint filed from Singapore. The BBC is, as its title suggests, foremost a British service and RL being one of the country's major spectator sports, it follows that it should have major coverage of it, no matter where in the world the website goes to.

#59 tomdooley

tomdooley
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

ITs obviouse the further you are from salford media city RL will be harder to find!!!

#60 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

Sounds fair enough if they're just geo-targeting content(who cares about rugby league in South America, honestly?), but if I've followed the thread properly that doesn't explain why its getting shifted in Australia.

Outside Australia, the NRL GF had Argentina, Chile and Brazil included in the top ten viewings. So a decent amount I would say

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users