• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, good source...

Yep, probably the most reliable one out there with that particular information bar Sth American broadcasters. Thanks

#82 Usera

Usera
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

I finally got a reply from the BBC, stating that we are out of the Top 10 most visited sports for overseas access. I did point out that the timing of this, starting on the day of the world cup final, was not great. 

Thanks for getting in touch about the Rugby League link in the top navigation of the BBC Sport website.

The reason Rugby League has been moved to the second level of navigation outside the UK is as a result of analysing almost two years' worth of audience data.

For example, our Rugby League page is not in the top 10 most visited BBC Sport pages outside the UK. And in a global survey in which our audience were asked which sports they most liked to read about on the BBC Sport website, Rugby League was 13th. Rugby League is also the sport most removed by users in our customised mobile app navigation.

That same research tells us that Cycling is the sport our international audience are most interested in after Football, Cricket, Tennis, Formula 1, Rugby Union, Golf and Athletics. For that reason, Cycling has been added to the top navigation.

BBC Sport is committed to coverage of Rugby League on all its platforms as the recent World Cup showed. BBC were the rights holders of the Rugby League World Cup in the UK. We continue to cover international rugby league, the Super League and the Challenge Cup online. In the UK, the BBC airs Super League highlights and live Challenge Cup games on TV and radio.

Rugby League is still very easy to find on the BBC Sport website in the 'More Sport' fly-out menu and will be regularly promoted on the BBC Sport homepage

#83 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

Suppose that is fair enough. They don't owe us anything, though it is very frustrating to hear that it is the most-removed sport from the app.

TotalRL.com Editor
Email: joe.whitley@totalrl.com
Direct line: +44 (0) 1484 404 921

#84 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,360 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

Suppose that is fair enough. They don't owe us anything, though it is very frustrating to hear that it is the most-removed sport from the app.

I didn't even realise that was an option. I have just been on it and removed every other sport except RL. Purely because I have no real interest in other sports.

#85 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

I didn't even realise that was an option. I have just been on it and removed every other sport except RL. Purely because I have no real interest in other sports.

It is then everyone's duty (bit harsh) to remove certain other sports in a hiding magazines in WH Smiths sort of way.

#86 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,360 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

It is then everyone's duty (bit harsh) to remove certain other sports in a hiding magazines in WH Smiths sort of way.

Correct! :D

Seriously though, I aren't really bothered about other sports and if people are actively removing RL then it's only fair others do the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users