Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Where are we for 2014?

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#21 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

I love the stylised fox.  The earlier ads that have now expired were more about "hey the World Cup is on, we're just starting out and need players" so they must have recruited some players.  Being in West London, you have the advantages of being where the players and the Aussie businesses are.  That's where the big bucks in sponsorship are from what I've seen.

Beckenham Bears RL - Rugby League in South East London

#22 London Drifter

London Drifter
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

It's looking like London is going to have 3 leagues in 2014.

1) London Premier
2) London 2nd Division
3) London Entry League

The first two are fixtured leagues. If it comes off it shows how much the game is growing at amateur level in London.

Looks like between 6 & 8 teams in Premier, between 4 & 6 in 2nd Division, with still a further 6 to 10 teams in Entry

If any club hasn't let LondonRL know of there 2014 intentions I think they need to ASAP as leagues / fixtures are being drawn up.

#23 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

It's looking like London is going to have 3 leagues in 2014.

1) London Premier
2) London 2nd Division
3) London Entry League

The first two are fixtured leagues. If it comes off it shows how much the game is growing at amateur level in London.

Looks like between 6 & 8 teams in Premier, between 4 & 6 in 2nd Division, with still a further 6 to 10 teams in Entry

If any club hasn't let LondonRL know of there 2014 intentions I think they need to ASAP as leagues / fixtures are being drawn up.

I believe our club secretary has been given a cut off date of 15th December for clubs to confirm their intentions, as the fixtures will be drawn up after that date.

Would be great for London to have three leagues - but we'll have to wait and see as there are a few contradicting rumours flying round at the moment.

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#24 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:54 AM

What's contradicting the above, Townie? AFAIK, Drifter is on the money. Entry League teams can come in later, they make their own fixtures, but Enfield may not make the start line. They posted on Twitter today that they are struggling and if players, sponsors and volunteers don't step forward, they can't play next season. If anybody can give them pointers, advice or know of anybody, it would be helpful.

#25 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

What's contradicting the above, Townie? AFAIK, Drifter is on the money. Entry League teams can come in later, they make their own fixtures, but Enfield may not make the start line. They posted on Twitter today that they are struggling and if players, sponsors and volunteers don't step forward, they can't play next season. If anybody can give them pointers, advice or know of anybody, it would be helpful.

Not contradicting the three league set up, as that's roughly  what I have heard also, I was commenting more on rumours about a couple of the teams.  I have heard a 7 or 8 team  London Prem, a 5 or 6 team 1st Div and at the moment a six team + (so far confirmed teams) entry league.  There are a couple of pre season rumours, and I stress rumours, going around about a couple of the teams but it would be unfair to say anything on an open forum.

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#26 Gungha Din

Gungha Din
  • Coach
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

There was, of course, a 3 division LARL competition in the mid 90's so a precedent. Read where the secreatary of the old LARL said he had regular and good interest from new payers/teams when the Beeb broadast RL regularly - I wonder if the prolonged incidence of televised games throughout the RLWC2013 has helped with profile at all?
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

#27 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm pretty certain of the lineup and only Fulham Foxes have "popped up" due to the World Cup. The rest are either long-planned or full of long-term players.

#28 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

And, last I heard, it was 7 Prem, 5 2nd, 6 entry

#29 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Just had a look at Hemels website and noticed there is now no mention of the 'A' team in their list of teams.  First team, U16, U14, U12 and minis only.  Hope this is just an oversight. 

#30 London Drifter

London Drifter
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

Pretty sure it didn't mention it last year either?

#31 Hemel Rugby League

Hemel Rugby League
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Our reserves are in the London Premier and we also have a team in the Championship South U19's competition. Website will be updated when fixtures are confirmed.

#32 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Our reserves are in the London Premier and we also have a team in the Championship South U19's competition. Website will be updated when fixtures are confirmed.

Cheers HRL, good to hear.

Edited by Jasper, 20 December 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#33 brooza

brooza
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

Is that confirmed that they're in London Premier? Last I heard it was still to be determined

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#34 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

Going back to Exiled Townie's post, HRL has dispelled one rumour, Hemel A stay in the LPL. So, any positive news on the other rumoured team in trouble?

#35 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

I believe SW London Chargers have a Bury lad in their midst? A convert from RU in a summer up North adding to the game down south...
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#36 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

Name?

#37 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Valley Cougars in as said a while back, also heard Chester

Oxford Cavaliers are the third new club I believe.

St Albans and Northampton are dropping down (the latter have it on their Facebook) so looks like 7 teams unless there's some surprises?

#38 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 471 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

Chester are not in it.

#39 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

Southend have left London and South East for the East region, where they've been placed in the East Premier. Stunning rise for the mid-season addition to the London Entry League.

#40 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Just heard Eastern League is a six team Premiership, a first division and an entry league.  Can't confirm which teams are in which league.  Season launch (not sure if that's the first round of games or a 'get together' discussion day is 16th March.

Hopefully make up of the London Prem and South East Leagues will be announced soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users