Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Phil Costin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 higgy

higgy
  • 335 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

I find it disappointing to have to report and this is from a 1st class source that the coach of the under 20's team for the last three years as resigned from the position last week.

There has been no news or report from the club {which is typical as per usual) regarding this, I am led to understand that Phil as resigned for personal reasons.

But I am sure anyone who has watched his teams over the past seasons will be equally disappointed and I am sure that Phil would have wished to stay on though and continue with his good work if it were not for the circumstances.

I am sure we can all guess who Mr Naylor as ready to take over this role even though he has no previous coaching experience.

Once again the clubs excels itself in the PR department.

Good Luck Phil whatever the future holds.

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

I find it disappointing to have to report and this is from a 1st class source that the coach of the under 20's team for the last three years as resigned from the position last week.

There has been no news or report from the club {which is typical as per usual) regarding this, I am led to understand that Phil as resigned for personal reasons.

But I am sure anyone who has watched his teams over the past seasons will be equally disappointed and I am sure that Phil would have wished to stay on though and continue with his good work if it were not for the circumstances.

I am sure we can all guess who Mr Naylor as ready to take over this role even though he has no previous coaching experience.

Once again the clubs excels itself in the PR department.

Good Luck Phil whatever the future holds.

Hi Higgy, I am not quite sure what you are saying here. Are you saying Phil has resigned? are you saying someone else has been given the job? are they even having a second team this season? 

#3 higgy

higgy
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hi Tosh,

Yes as I stated Phil as resigned for personal reasons.

I am led to believe that Mr Naylor wants a certain recently retired player for the position.

I would presume there must be something in the pipeline regarding a under 20's or second team if the coaching position as been offered out, but who knows with the RFL.

#4 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hi Higgy, I am not quite sure what you are saying here. Are you saying Phil has resigned? are you saying someone else has been given the job? are they even having a second team this season? 

Shame because Phil has done a great job. But if he has had to leave it will be good to see a certain recently retired player in post. Especially after the role he took with the 1st team last year. It's a joke that in December we are still waiting to find out what the fixtures will be and whether there will be under18s, 20s or 23s or nothing at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users