Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Marwam Koukash

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

Just seen something on facebook that says Marwan Koukash has completed a deal to take over at Swinton RLFC.

#2 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

Just noticed my spelling mistake,sorry folks.How do I change it?

#3 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

It was in League Weekly a couple of weeks back that talks were at an advanced stage with Dr Koukash.

#4 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

He was asked the question at the open day at the stadium today, and it seems he is keen to buy Swinton. He has ambition to turn Salford into the biggest rugby city in the country because it's the birthplace of William Webb Ellis, the man who allegedly invented the sport.

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

Just seen something on facebook that says Marwan Koukash has completed a deal to take over at Swinton RLFC.

On whos page?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#6 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

He was asked the question at the open day at the stadium today, and it seems he is keen to buy Swinton. He has ambition to turn Salford into the biggest rugby city in the country because it's the birthplace of William Webb Ellis, the man who allegedly invented the sport.

Keen to buy?

#7 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

Just noticed my spelling mistake,sorry folks. How do I change it?

'Marwan' instead of 'Marwam', but hang on a minute, perhaps it really should be 'Marwam' - or rather Mar- WHAM!

#8 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

Keen to buy?

Yes, but then he's keen on a lot of things. He does tend to promise the moon on a stick (and he comes pretty close to delivering it too). He genuinely seems to love the sport, and he seemed genuine about this idea of making Salford the nation's capital of rugby, so I think there's reason to be optimistic that the deal will go ahead (if that's what you would like to happen).

To reiterate though, he expressed a keen interest in buying Swinton. He didn't say the deal was done. Don't go all excited yet.

#9 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

Red John with respect he would be better saying nothing till he had made his mind up, especially at a meeting in respect of Salford.

If his intentions are honourable then at the very least ask to meet with the Swinton supporters just as he did with the Reds. At that point he will see the same passion Swinton Supporters have for our club just as he did with the Salford fans and hopefully he will understand that we want to be a club in our own right and not Salfords feeder team.

#10 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

... we want to be a club in our own right and not Salford's feeder team.

Well said, hear, hear

:tease:

#11 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Ive read somewhere that Marwan Koukash is considering taking over Swinton......I think it was on a forum or something like that......

#12 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Crikey Mark...where do you get your ideas from??! It's the first I've heard of it!
I bet you've got a pair of those rose-tinted specs as well as your crystal ball...I always knew you were the primary rumour monger! :-)

#13 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Ha ha...I think Im just mischief making!

#14 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

Red John with respect he would be better saying nothing till he had made his mind up, especially at a meeting in respect of Salford.

If his intentions are honourable then at the very least ask to meet with the Swinton supporters just as he did with the Reds. At that point he will see the same passion Swinton Supporters have for our club just as he did with the Salford fans and hopefully he will understand that we want to be a club in our own right and not Salfords feeder team.

I'm afraid I can't see what your complaint is here. If he'd said nothing, you'd still be aware he was interested because it's been all over this forum. In fact, I read about it here before I heard it from Marwan's mouth. He only spoke about it at the meeting because someone asked him about it, so it would appear other people knew about his interest too.

I'm not sure what you're driving at with the bit about making his mind up. Has he not made his mind up? I don't know the answer to that, nor do I know whether he intends to turn Swinton into a feeder club. Unless you know different (maybe you do), I'd just treat it at face value: he's expressed an interest in buying Swinton. That's all.

Edited by Red John, 02 December 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#15 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

With respect Red John a simple no comment at this stage would have sufficed.

#16 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

And what would the point of that be? It can't be that you think he's let the cat out of the bag because that particular cat has been out and marking its territory around Swinton for some weeks now. He just confirmed what was already known, and some anodyne "no comment" wouldn't have changed that one iota.

#17 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

Either way someone would have been upset, you cant win on this forum.  Does anyone know the approximate timescale for whatever is happening to happen as we are getting bloody close to the new season. :fie:

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#18 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

And what would the point of that be? It can't be that you think he's let the cat out of the bag because that particular cat has been out and marking its territory around Swinton for some weeks now. He just confirmed what was already known, and some anodyne "no comment" wouldn't have changed that one iota.

Fair point, unless he request it to remain 'hush hush'.
However, as you say we are all looking in an empty bag and the subject smells of cat wee!

#19 PaulT

PaulT
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

According to this weeks Advertiser, if he takes over, we'll become Salfords feeder club.

Posted Image

#20 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

He's probably called and told them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users