Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Carter signed.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Great news in the News and Star with confirmation that Brett has

signed on for next season.

http://www.newsandst...-town-1.1102965

Edited by topladtownie, 04 December 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

That's another piece of the jigsaw . Maybe need another fullback to cover him and with him capable of playing wing . Hopefully this kid who hurt his shoulder is still on the radar . I think Eliott showed he's an out n out in the line runner and finisher. Could see him more at centre this year perhaps ?

Edited by DavidM, 04 December 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#3 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

Brilliant news

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Great news for town. Very good signing a top player back on board.

Edited by town4me, 04 December 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,685 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

It's very good news indeed and hopefully as the paper says he will be a better player because of his world cup experience, the same with Brett and Callum Phillips and Peter Lupton.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

Ye top lad Brett think we all expected him to sign but great to see him back in the fold,HAVEN10 will soon be on telling us how pleased he is.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Wonder where Calderwood will end up ? I'd have him back on a budget deal , like Thacks

Edited by DavidM, 04 December 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#8 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Good news. Hope he's got over his wobble at the end of the last season and produces the quality we all know he's capable of!

Welcome back Brett
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

Wonder where Calderwood will end up ? I'd have him back on a budget deal , like Thacks

disagree with calderwood, certainly wouldnt have him back. His heart dosent seem in it anymore
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

There was a glimpse of former years in games late on . It's a punt as you're right , he never nailed consistency .

#11 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Be a good christmas present for to get THACKARY HULME AND THE TWO WALNE BROTHERS just a wish???

#12 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 629 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Great news.

#13 Nero

Nero
  • Coach
  • 711 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Welcome back Brett, great news!

#14 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Ye if you count the Barrow lads as local and why not,of all the lads we have signed eighteen of them are local that i think that is good for the club,  

#15 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

Only 1 traveller Morris

#16 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

Good news two days in a row !! No doubt Town10 will have me down as one of the **** sniffers but what the hell !! We have to give the BOD a lot of credit for the work they put in. There are just 3 directors running the club at the moment, appeals for fresh blood to step forward have fallen on deaf ears unfortunately, it takes a special kind of person to stick their hand up and get involved in running a club, there seems to be a lack of them out there (me included). They must feel like packing in when they read some of the stuff on here. I'm not saying that we can't be critical when it's deserved but I feel a few on here go a bit overboard when there isn't a lot to complain about at the moment, we've just had the best two seasons I can remember for a long while.
Off to order my season ticket and new shirt....Up the Town

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,685 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

I agree with you unicorn106 and I would like to see some of the younger fans stepping up to the plate and putting themselves forward to be a director.  From my experience all the directors will answer any questions that you may have, you only have to ask.    

Likewise, Town shares are available for sale to the general public at £5 per share.  There is a minimum amount that can be purchased but I have been asking for this to be reduced to a figure that more people would be tempted to purchase.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

What's the minimum?

#19 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

There are still 2 top amatuers that i am sure the BOD will have on there radar that i would like to see in a town shirt,so far they have done a great job.

#20 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 830 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Morris might get lonely too so expect his car to be filled up in the coming weeks!!!!!!months

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users