Players Signed

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

I believe a statement is on the Trust website but in a nut shell the meeting was called off as the club hadn't heard back from one of the investors and also Blake Solly of the RL had to call off the meeting today, hopefully now to take place on Monday.
Subsequently due to a lack of anything to report it was duly cancelled.

#22 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

I believe a statement is on the Trust website but in a nut shell the meeting was called off as the club hadn't heard back from one of the investors and also Blake Solly of the RL had to call off the meeting today, hopefully now to take place on Monday.
Subsequently due to a lack of anything to report it was duly cancelled.

Thanks for the clarification. 

#23 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

Would appear that the RFL rep has cancelled on a couple of occasions now.............so glad to see Swinton's future is on the RFL's priority list............:(

#24 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:47 AM

Would appear that the RFL rep has cancelled on a couple of occasions now.............so glad to see Swinton's future is on the RFL's priority list............:(

The RFL showed exactly where its priorities lay, by at best turning a blind eye to the blatant abuse of the DR system by the Lions and Wolves last season. I still wonder whether the RFL actually gave encouragement to the two clubs to "work the rules", to help avert criticism going its way from the Wolves management. They have turned bending over backwards to the money men into a chaotic artform.

It appears that facing up to Swintonians is right at the bottom of the priorities for not only the RFL, but also for the present owners and prospective new owners - which gives me a sense of foreboding about what the future of the club is going to look like, when its eventually unveiled to the unworthy masses.

Beit Warrington reserves or a Salford feeder team - thanks, but no thanks!
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#25 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

Jeez...take a chill pill

Edited by mark richardson, 06 December 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#26 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

So, we don't yet know anything other than a number of players have put pen to paper and already the black cloud is overhead professing to know all and that we are all yet again doomed!!!!!!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#27 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

it might rain tomorrow....I can feel myself getting angry at that already because I hate getting wet

Im still A BIT angry because it rained before too.

Then again it might be sunny....then Ill need another reason to be angry

#28 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

So far as the present status of Swinton Lions is concerned, there's a lot to be angry about.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users