Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Alex Brown

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LuckyDog

LuckyDog
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hull KR announced their squad numbers in the League Weekly on Monday. Alex Brown no longer there it would seem. Does anybody know where he went?

James Green included though, still way down the squad numbers, he had a great spell for us!

#2 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Think he is at Leigh in 2014

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Yep signed for them around the time of our Grand Final appearance

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

James Green is still only very young, and apparently very much in Hull KR's plans. The lad is a real prospect.

Posted Image

#5 LuckyDog

LuckyDog
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

Good signing for Leigh then, just hope he,s not up to full speed for the first fixture. I thought he was great for us particularly in his second spell, like having another forward on the pitch when he came into dummy half early in the tackle count, and made great yards!

Not forgetting the legend of Blackpool!

#6 phildog

phildog
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

Yes, Brown's on his travels again to Leigh, signed some time ago. Yes, good player, but no great allegiance to his clubs, he's left us twice as soon as money came up, and his RU move wasn't brilliant was it? Surprised that HKR didn't treat him better though after chasing him, didn't make any sense.

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,425 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yes, Brown's on his travels again to Leigh, signed some time ago. Yes, good player, but no great allegiance to his clubs, he's left us twice as soon as money came up, and his RU move wasn't brilliant was it? Surprised that HKR didn't treat him better though after chasing him, didn't make any sense.

Allegiance doesn't pay the bills does it?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

Why? do you stop being paid if you stick by your club?

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#9 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

The criticism of Brown seems harsh.  He obviously hoped to make the grade in full time Rugby, and I presume that was why he left us for RU.  Having failed to adapt to RU he came back to us.  He was then offered a full time contract in SL.  No disloyalty in trying his hand at Hull KR.  Moving back to the Championship, Leigh might offer Brown just a glimmer of hope of playing SL again some day.  If he was offered a third contract with the Bulldogs it would have been very loyal of him to accept said offer if the Leigh offer was more generous or if he still hopes to make the grade as a full time player.

I like Brown.  He is not a natural like Germaine McGilvery, but he is big and fast and gives his all.  Good luck to the lad.

#10 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hmmm, let me see, my current job pays £34,000 plus benefits, someone else offers me £50,000 for doing the same job with improved benefits at a more prestigious company.

Nah, ill stick with my current job, NOT.

Never understood all this loyalty ######, its an open market with a relatively short timespan to earn some decent money

#11 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 661 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

Exactly. He was great for us and I wish him all the best. Apart from when he plays us. In which case I hope he has a stinker

#12 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hmmm, let me see, my current job pays £34,000 plus benefits

What do you do?

#13 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

What do you do?

Sell drugs

Edited by Gary Coyle, 20 December 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#14 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

And if they're half as good as his insomnia-busting post on here....... We'll all die happy :-)

#15 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

And if they're half as good as his insomnia-busting post on here....... We'll all die happy :-)

:laugh: :laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users