Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls - not sounding good

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
942 replies to this topic

#21 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,852 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

Not sure between the connection of people running clubs into the ground and different formats in a league.

There isn't one.  Right now, the league format is a distraction not the cause or the cure.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#22 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

gingerjon - when Crusaders RL folded we had to restart as a Championship 1 Club as we were a completely new Club (North Wales Crusaders).  This may be the case for Bradford too.  Whatever the situation I wish Bradford and London well for the future and hope they can rescue the clubs in a successful format.

#23 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

The main problem I have is that we are now told it was all the previous regimes fault. Before this it was also the previous regimes fault. Etc etc

I don't have a problem with sticking with the club in the bad times and if players leave and they have to use the U16's so be it. But it's all the lying and BS that makes me want to sack it and walk away.

With you on this. The official Bulls twitter account retweeted something from a fan last night along the lines of "Wow, shocking news at the forum but thanks for being totally honest", and I just thought "Yeah, until the next CEO comes along and says he was talking rubbish as well".

My gut feeling with the club has always been positivity, I’ll  always give them the benefit of the doubt, but the last few years have slowly chipped away at that to the point where I don’t think I’d trust the board if we were bought out by The Pope and Nelson Mandella. The board have got a heck of a job on to win people round, but it all gets a bit “boy who cried wolf”. I don’t doubt we are in big trouble, it just gets hard to stay passionate in any sort of way.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#24 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,611 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

With you on this. The official Bulls twitter account retweeted something from a fan last night along the lines of "Wow, shocking news at the forum but thanks for being totally honest", and I just thought "Yeah, until the next CEO comes along and says he was talking rubbish as well".

My gut feeling with the club has always been positivity, I’ll always give them the benefit of the doubt, but the last few years have slowly chipped away at that to the point where I don’t think I’d trust the board if we were bought out by The Pope and Nelson Mandella. The board have got a heck of a job on to win people round, but it all gets a bit “boy who cried wolf”. I don’t doubt we are in big trouble, it just gets hard to stay passionate in any sort of way.

Yes. I was very sceptical last time around but thought that they might be telling the truth and in any case the clubs survival was more important than any misgivings we might have. But how are we meant to accept that *this* time its really a new start? Last time round I was for dropping down a division. I wish we had done that then but definitely should now. I will support an honest Bulls in the pennine league but not a dishonest one winning trophies.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#25 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,850 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

gingerjon - when Crusaders RL folded we had to restart as a Championship 1 Club as we were a completely new Club (North Wales Crusaders).  This may be the case for Bradford too. 

Not a chance for me. There are 8,563 reasons at £20 a head to avoid putting the club into Championship One. As we know from another thread none of them will go to Fartown.

#26 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

Still, soon be Christmas.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#27 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,611 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

Not a chance for me. There are 8,563 reasons at £20 a head to avoid putting the club into Championship One. As we know from another thread none of them will go to Fartown.

That's not accurate though is it? That figure indicates a total of £2.2M (approx) coming in every season purely in gate money - this clearly is not the case.

#28 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

from what i have rad it is a case of spending money they haven't got once again, still i would like widnes to take over dale ferguson and gareth carvells contracts...
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#29 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,112 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Jeez - those kids and concessions pay well over the odds in Bradford.

#30 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

Yes. I was very sceptical last time around but thought that they might be telling the truth and in any case the clubs survival was more important than any misgivings we might have. But how are we meant to accept that *this* time its really a new start? Last time round I was for dropping down a division. I wish we had done that then but definitely should now. I will support an honest Bulls in the pennine league but not a dishonest one winning trophies.

For what it's worth this time I do think they are telling the truth about the previous regime , but that doesn't mean I should have any confidence moving forward. For a few months I have thought we were on our last roll of the dice in Super League, but this pretty much confirms it. I would put money on us being relegated this year

Edited by Amber Avenger, 05 December 2013 - 10:17 AM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

#31 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,611 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

The glory years of 2008-2011 truly seem a distant memory. :)

#32 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,852 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'm going to move into full-on RFL-bashing mode in a minute.

- Severus, July 2012

#33 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,611 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'm going to move into full-on RFL-bashing mode in a minute.

Before you do, its worth mentioning the millions wasted on London first. ;)

Edit to stick a smiley on just in case. ..

Edited by Johnoco, 05 December 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#34 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

The glory years of 2008-2011 truly seem a distant memory.   :)

:laugh:

SQL Honours

#35 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

And a million plus into Odslum, don't forget.

If only they'd spent that money on Dewsbury / Swinton / Keighley / etc instead. Then we'd be beating the Aussies.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#36 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

We'll probably limp through next season, just like the last. It seems my prediction for a bolt from the blue was a bit premature.

As for the board, to me they're just another set of suits sitting at the top table, I don't trust them anymore or less than the last lot, or the lot before that.

I've paid for a season ticket, so if I get 13 home games in 2014 I've recieved what I've paid for and that's about it as far as fans go.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#37 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,611 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

Limp? We can only dream of that. More like stood still with a crutch, while the toffs from Leeds mock and throw coins. Wearing jumpers like the coppers during the miners strike of 84.
Bah.

#38 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,852 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

Absolutely wasted.  We shouldn't ever try to get ideas above our station.

- Severus, July 2012

#39 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,544 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

We'll probably limp through next season, just like the last. It seems my prediction for a bolt from the blue was a bit premature.

As for the board, to me they're just another set of suits sitting at the top table, I don't trust them anymore or less than the last lot, or the lot before that.

I've paid for a season ticket, so if I get 13 home games in 2014 I've recieved what I've paid for and that's about it as far as fans go.

I've never been a fan of Bradford and how they've been run over the last decade but the new lot seem to at least have honesty to their credit.  As with most situations, a frank exposure of the uncomfortable truth rather than perpetual drip-fed bad news is a far better scenario for everyone, it allows people to look at the situation and either address it or move on.  The other benefit is that it's still off-season, hopefully at least plasters will be openly in place to address the points raised yesterday before the season kicks off.  A tough season of living well within their means and hoping they evade the compulsory relegation at the end of 2014.  As they said, they'll be getting their full RFL funding again for the 2015 season along with, hopefully, renewed other income sources.

Bradford fixing their problems is probably entirely in their own hands, a completely different scenario to London who are hoping for an external miracle.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#40 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

If that was the case they wouldn't be in a mess £2.2m + at the gate plus sponsorships, merchandise, food/drink and sky money would see them through a £2.64m wage bill, a would bet the average per head would be nearer £10 + vat

Laws of nature must start to apply to RL for it to prosper by shaking out complacency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users