TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls - not sounding good

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
942 replies to this topic

#841 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

Rumours that Carvell on his way to Hull on a one year deal.

#842 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

Historical precedent suggests that once Bradford's slide starts it becomes a headlong slippery slope to disaster.

But Ackroman says history tells us nothing??

#843 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:50 PM

But Ackroman says history tells us nothing??

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. It's long past time Bradford learned.

#844 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

You'r deluded. Tell him all in the garden is rosy. 

I have no axe to grind with Bradford

Moore says himself he is succeeding in getting the finances right did you not hear that? he then forecast (and you can't disagree when he has so much more money coming in in the next few years) that they'll be in surplus and looking for better players, no doubt he'll be looking to get Bulls junior development back on track too. Bulls record of paying fans and developing players is too valuable to throw away on a fantasy such as Keighley could replace them. because they "have a chance to secure longer term relationships with developing players". They'll all be down the Bulls academy.....

#845 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

I'm kind of ok about the prospect of losing Garreth Carvell.

First off, as it stands we are two props short for a competitive squad, so if we agree to a swap of Jay Pitts plus cash for Garreth Carvell, we'll still be two props short - and there's a persistent rumour Mark Mexico may join us when he gets a visa sorted. But after reading how John Bateman was ready to step into the shoes of Jamie Langley this season, a week or so before he was sold, then anything I read about how players are looking forward to the season and in particular Carvell looking to play "3 or 4 years" at Odsal is taken with a pinch of salt.

When the list of out of contract players materialises early each season and fans pick their players, as good a player Carvell undoubtedly is, he wasn't on my list; George, Ferguson and Gaskell were, along with Baile. Garreth is a good player, just not really a favourite. He'd be a loss if he goes, a big loss, but so are other players to leave most seasons, if we can get another two half-decent forwards from his departure then we'll cope.

And, and, Wakefield can't accuse us of not selling players! :biggrin:

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#846 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

Please note that it's not acceptable to bait fans of other clubs in such blatant and obvious ways.  It's getting beyond tiresome now and is quite likely to annoy us badly enough one day that we just hit the suspension or ban button.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#847 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

Please note that it's not acceptable to bait fans of other clubs in such blatant and obvious ways.  It's getting beyond tiresome now and is quite likely to annoy us badly enough one day that we just hit the suspension or ban button.

Yep, ckn beat me to it with this warning.

A reminder: This thread is about Bradford Bulls.

If you don't want to discuss Bradford Bulls, don't post in this thread.

If you just want to bait fans of another club (no matter which club) then don't even post on this forum, you're in completely the wrong place.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#848 indomitable

indomitable
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Rumours now that Bulls tried to negotiate 10% off players wages through TUPE, after what seems a lifetime negotiating TUPE transfers for want of a better word, I hope I can stop at least one rumour. TUPE is there to protect a workers pay and conditions, and renegotiating of players wages plays no part. What I do find strange is that players are using it to force a transfer. TUPE was brought in to protect low paid workers when takeovers were very common e.g. privatisation of cleaning and catering within the heath service.

#849 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

Rumours that Carvell on his way to Hull on a one year deal.

Chuckles has just linked to a Bradford Bulls statement saying that no players are up for sale.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#850 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

BULLS OFFICIALS ISSUE HANDS-OFF WARNING

BRADFORD BULLS officials have today issued a hands-off warning to their Super League rivals, insisting "no-one is for sale".
This comes following recent speculation surrounding a Provident Stadium player, who has been linked with a move elsewhere.
A spokesperson for the board of directors has moved to address the situation, insisting the Bulls' top-flight counterparts are not welcome to approach any member of Francis Cummins' first-team squad.
A statement said: "We are shocked and disappointed by some of the comments made today regarding one of our players.
"To say we are baffled by talk that another club is 'monitoring' an 'on-going contract situation' would be an understatement.
"We can confirm that no form of deal has been sanctioned by the board of directors.
"Recent reports have and are continuing to cause major confusion and distress among our supporters, while undermining our efforts to re-build this club – with extremely limited resources.
"Agents and clubs need also to be mindful of the confusion and distress in which these kinds of approaches can cause for players and their families.
"We are operating with only half of the central funding provided for our Super League rivals and we have been through a very difficult time.
"Our message is very, very clear: Leave our team alone. No-one is for sale.
"The announcement to ring-fence of our first-team squad last week was designed to create some stability for the players, while offering Francis the support he requires as head coach.
"It was about consolidation, as we want to keep what we have very much intact ahead of the new season to give both fans and all other stakeholders clarity.
"We are not foolish enough to believe that talks do not go on between players and clubs during a season, but they must happen in an appropriate manner and at an appropriate time.
"And we would ask all clubs to act in a right and proper manner, in keeping with the family spirit of rugby league."
Directors and HR representatives are to meet with the Bulls squad later today in a bid to once again outline the players' contractual position.
The club will be making no further comment at this time.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#851 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

Welcome to the world of a bottom end club were agents regularly unsettle players in the hope they will move to a bigger team in order to generate themselves a decent pay day.

#852 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

BRADFORD BULLS officials have today issued a hands-off warning to their Super League rivals, insisting "no-one is for sale".
This comes following recent speculation surrounding a Provident Stadium player, who has been linked with a move elsewhere.
A spokesperson for the board of directors has moved to address the situation, insisting the Bulls' top-flight counterparts are not welcome to approach any member of Francis Cummins' first-team squad.
A statement said: "We are shocked and disappointed by some of the comments made today regarding one of our players.
"To say we are baffled by talk that another club is 'monitoring' an 'on-going contract situation' would be an understatement.
"We can confirm that no form of deal has been sanctioned by the board of directors.
"Recent reports have and are continuing to cause major confusion and distress among our supporters, while undermining our efforts to re-build this club – with extremely limited resources.
"Agents and clubs need also to be mindful of the confusion and distress in which these kinds of approaches can cause for players and their families.
"We are operating with only half of the central funding provided for our Super League rivals and we have been through a very difficult time.
"Our message is very, very clear: Leave our team alone. No-one is for sale.
"The announcement to ring-fence of our first-team squad last week was designed to create some stability for the players, while offering Francis the support he requires as head coach.
"It was about consolidation, as we want to keep what we have very much intact ahead of the new season to give both fans and all other stakeholders clarity.
"We are not foolish enough to believe that talks do not go on between players and clubs during a season, but they must happen in an appropriate manner and at an appropriate time.
"And we would ask all clubs to act in a right and proper manner, in keeping with the family spirit of rugby league."
Directors and HR representatives are to meet with the Bulls squad later today in a bid to once again outline the players' contractual position.
The club will be making no further comment at this time.

I don't think I've ever read a statement quite so strong before.

Certainly not one attributed to Bradford anyway.

Well I'm chuffed he's staying... ;) Nah, I would've said what I posted earlier yesterday or last week, the signing just didn't excite me too much but I'd definitely welcome him or any signing (bar Winterstein) and take it from there. I was very much the same with when Matty Blythe agreed to join the club last season on loan.

And, we're still short of two props.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#853 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Welcome to the world of a bottom end club were agents regularly unsettle players in the hope they will move to a bigger team in order to generate themselves a decent pay day.

What are you talking about. Bradford are one of the BIG CLUBS. In fact too big to fail ;) .

#854 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

I don't think I've ever read a statement quite so strong before.

Good for them. Let's hope the fans rally round........

#855 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

So that's Carvell off based on that statement

#856 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Any news on the points deduction they are supposedly meeting today to resolve

#857 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

Garreth Carvell has now announced he wants to leave; Hull have reportedly offered him more money.

There's no point in keeping someone against their will, so he might as well get off now. Let's hope we can get Ben Evans back to replace him.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#858 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

They must be a pretty naive bunch if they're baffled by that.

That's me.  I'm done.

#859 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

Any news on the points deduction they are supposedly meeting today to resolve

No news, wasn't supposed to be resolved today from the reports I read. Quite why, I don't know
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#860 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

According to today's HDM Carvell was absent from training, rumours Jay Pitts could be on his way to the Bulls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users