League Express Digital-Only Easter Edition Out Now!

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls - not sounding good

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
942 replies to this topic

#861 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

BULLS OFFICIALS ISSUE HANDS-OFF WARNING

BRADFORD BULLS officials have today issued a hands-off warning to their Super League rivals, insisting "no-one is for sale".
This comes following recent speculation surrounding a Provident Stadium player, who has been linked with a move elsewhere.
A spokesperson for the board of directors has moved to address the situation, insisting the Bulls' top-flight counterparts are not welcome to approach any member of Francis Cummins' first-team squad.
A statement said: "We are shocked and disappointed by some of the comments made today regarding one of our players.
"To say we are baffled by talk that another club is 'monitoring' an 'on-going contract situation' would be an understatement.
"We can confirm that no form of deal has been sanctioned by the board of directors.
"Recent reports have and are continuing to cause major confusion and distress among our supporters, while undermining our efforts to re-build this club – with extremely limited resources.
"Agents and clubs need also to be mindful of the confusion and distress in which these kinds of approaches can cause for players and their families.
"We are operating with only half of the central funding provided for our Super League rivals and we have been through a very difficult time.
"Our message is very, very clear: Leave our team alone. No-one is for sale.
"The announcement to ring-fence of our first-team squad last week was designed to create some stability for the players, while offering Francis the support he requires as head coach.
"It was about consolidation, as we want to keep what we have very much intact ahead of the new season to give both fans and all other stakeholders clarity.
"We are not foolish enough to believe that talks do not go on between players and clubs during a season, but they must happen in an appropriate manner and at an appropriate time.
"And we would ask all clubs to act in a right and proper manner, in keeping with the family spirit of rugby league."
Directors and HR representatives are to meet with the Bulls squad later today in a bid to once again outline the players' contractual position.
The club will be making no further comment at this time.

Its a professional world out there. Its OK saying leave our players alone asking clubs to act in a right and proper manner, But clubs will do whats best for them not whats best for Bradford. And its a very nieve statement. All clubs have been guilty and looking to get a player from a club who are struggling or smaller and that includes Bradford for next to nothing. Bradford need to wake up and see the real world for what it is.

Edited by Lounge Room Lizard, 08 February 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#862 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,673 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

Bradford seem to have short memories.

They poached Lee Radford after he'd already signed a contact with Hull FC a fair few years' since. 

How I wish they'd poached him as their coach before this season starts.

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#863 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,707 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

My notorious friend Jim the Bulls fan is of the opinion that those running Bradford couldn't run a jumble sale let alone a SL club. 

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#864 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,673 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

My notorious friend Jim the Bulls fan is of the opinion that those running Bradford couldn't run a jumble sale let alone a SL club. 

Well, with their "hands off our second hand tat" statement, he could be right.

#865 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

Anyone able to run a good jumble sale would look at the Bulls, who have huge costs of Osdal and running a Super League club.  They would then look at possible income, i.e. TV money, the excess wealth and the Bradford business world and populace.  Then would then conclude they could not make it work and not bother.

#866 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 725 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

Anyone able to run a good jumble sale would look at the Bulls, who have huge costs of Osdal and running a Super League club.  They would then look at possible income, i.e. TV money, the excess wealth and the Bradford business world and populace.  Then would then conclude they could not make it work and not bother.

Have to agree. Plus those same jumble sale people would not be daft enough to buy the Odsal lease. Thus making themselves dependent upon the club and finding themselves afraid to strictly apply rules otherwise they are in a worst position than the club.

#867 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

Bradford seem to have short memories.

They poached Lee Radford after he'd already signed a contact with Hull FC a fair few years' since. 

How I wish they'd poached him as their coach before this season starts.

Errr... If it wasn't for us you'd all be speaking McNamara.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#868 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,673 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

Errr... If it wasn't for us you'd all be speaking McNamara.

Good point, well made.

#869 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Interesting developments.....

http://www.thetelegr...Bradford_Bulls/
Super Clarty Git Amang It Dip Fer Dippin Owt In

#870 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

Interesting developments.....

http://www.thetelegr...Bradford_Bulls/

according to that the rfl have been advancing money again to Bradford which would need paying back, when did that happen?

#871 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

At the risk of opening a nasty can of worms, if he's a Londoner why doesn't he invest in the Broncos?

• keighley and londonrlfan like this

#872 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,407 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

At the risk of opening a nasty can of worms, if he's a Londoner why doesn't he invest in the Broncos?

If you had money and no ties ... which one would you go for?

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#873 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,372 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

He's popped up after the new SKY deal provided plenty of funds for the big clubs so maybe he's not prepared to put too much money in himself. Nice to see his interest, let's hope Bulls get back to being a force again.

• l'angelo mysterioso likes this

#874 indomitable

indomitable
  • Coach
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

I feel sorry for Carvell, he came to Bradford with a 2 year contract and the offer of joining the coaching team. He has now attempted throughTUPE to sign for Hull a one year contract , I would have also thought at more money. He is not a youngster, and he will find it harder recovering from the knocks he receives. All of us make decisions in life which we later regret, and I think this will be one for Gareth, and trying to use TUPE as an excuse which protects all his terms of employment, just shows him up as a player with no loyalty, and he will always have to live with that.

#875 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

I feel sorry for Carvell, he came to Bradford with a 2 year contract and the offer of joining the coaching team. He has now attempted throughTUPE to sign for Hull a one year contract , I would have also thought at more money. He is not a youngster, and he will find it harder recovering from the knocks he receives. All of us make decisions in life which we later regret, and I think this will be one for Gareth, and trying to use TUPE as an excuse which protects all his terms of employment, just shows him up as a player with no loyalty, and he will always have to live with that.

didnt Bradford ask him to take a pay cut?

#876 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

If you had money and no ties ... which one would you go for?

Well, obviously I'm biased, but London everyday of the week. The opportunity to build a London club from the bottom up and turn it into a successful, money making enterprise, as well as one of the biggest clubs in the game sounds like a no brainer to me. 

• Chronicler of Chiswick and jpmc like this

#877 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,407 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

Well, obviously I'm biased, but London everyday of the week. The opportunity to build a London club from the bottom up and turn it into a successful, money making enterprise, as well as one of the biggest clubs in the game sounds like a no brainer to me. 

Except that Bradford comes with the fans, a ground and a history - all with local players to hoover up.

I'm lazy.  I'd be buying the Bulls.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#878 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Getting to the point now where I just can't be bothered looking at Bradford Bulls news online. Just bloody get on with it. Roll on Sunday.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#879 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,809 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

according to that the rfl have been advancing money again to Bradford which would need paying back, when did that happen?

If its true that the RFL are still advancing money to Bradford after all the help they have given them so far, heads need to roll at Red Hall.

#880 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

If its true that the RFL are still advancing money to Bradford after all the help they have given them so far, heads need to roll at Red Hall.

Well we don't know if it's true, but the default position seems to be assume what looks the worst regardless of any fact or information known. Also, an advance is an advance, not a loan or a debt.
  • l'angelo mysterioso and Larry the Leit like this
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users