Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Another Tomahawk snapped up!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,779 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

After Mark Offerdahl, now another USA player.

Sheffield Eagles have signed Lelauloto Tagaloa who played for the USA in the Rugby League World Cup.

The, 26-year-old, 6ft 3in tall centre - nicknamed Loto - joins on a two-year deal subject to being granted a visa to play in the UK. Eagles’ coach Mark Aston had chance to see Tagaloa in action during the World Cup when he made two appearances.

LINK TO ARTICLE

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

After Mark Offerdahl, now another USA player.

Sheffield Eagles have signed Lelauloto Tagaloa who played for the USA in the Rugby League World Cup.

The, 26-year-old, 6ft 3in tall centre - nicknamed Loto - joins on a two-year deal subject to being granted a visa to play in the UK. Eagles’ coach Mark Aston had chance to see Tagaloa in action during the World Cup when he made two appearances.

LINK TO ARTICLE

Be interesting to see if he manages to get a work permit, and if so, how he goes. I understand Fev had one of the squad lined up part way through last season, but the deal fell apart when he couldn't get the necessary paperwork.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

Be interesting to see if he manages to get a work permit, and if so, how he goes. I understand Fev had one of the squad lined up part way through last season, but the deal fell apart when he couldn't get the necessary paperwork.

It'll boil down to his pedigree, I believe. He doesn't appear to have played at anything above amateur level in a club context, so he might struggle.

Edited by TheTerminator, 05 December 2013 - 11:52 AM.

Posted Image

#4 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 844 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

I don't know if it was mentioned elsewhere, but Bureta Faraimo (the winger who picked up and dumped Papalii in the QF) has been signed by Parra. He had an impressive tournament.

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,779 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

I don't know if it was mentioned elsewhere, but Bureta Faraimo (the winger who picked up and dumped Papalii in the QF) has been signed by Parra. He had an impressive tournament.

Nope, hadn't seen that reported anywhere.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,779 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

And another Tomahawk gets signed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users