Important - Changes to pre season games

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

Dewsbury Rams have, at the request of Bradford Bulls, put back the date of their Pre-Season home game against the Bulls from Sunday 19th January to Sunday 26th January with a 3pm kick off.

The away game against Keighley Cougars which was also scheduled for the 26th of January will now be played at Cougar Park on Thursday 23rd January kick off 8pm. With such a short turn round between games there will be an opportunity for coach Glenn Morrison to give all his squad a run out that week and will mean that the games are played with fewer interchanges from the Rams allowing the coach to give players more game time than may otherwise have been possible.

The Rams apologise for any inconvenience that these changes may cause.

Other games are not affected by these changes and the game against Doncaster goes ahead as planned at the request of the coaching teams from both teams even though the two teams meet each other in the Championship around one month later.

Edited by Official Rams Updates, 06 December 2013 - 11:51 AM.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#2 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

So we play 2 games in 2 days just to suit Bradford basically? This will mean some players have to place twice in 3 days

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 06 December 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

So we play 2 games in 2 days just to suit Bradford basically?

The Bradford game will give us one of our biggest gates so it makes sense, don't you think?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#4 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

2 in 3 days I meant. Yeah but this means some players will be playing twice in 3 days, not ideal surely?

#5 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

Looking forward to the games anyway, non the less!

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

2 in 3 days I meant. Yeah but this means some players will be playing twice in 3 days, not ideal surely?

Yes but they are pre-season games and the original announcement does say:

With such a short turn round between games there will be an opportunity for coach Glenn Morrison to give all his squad a run out that week and will mean that the games are played with fewer interchanges from the Rams allowing the coach to give players more game time than may otherwise have been possible.

To be fair we would probably prefer to cancel the Keighley game but after they have agreed to move the date the only honourable thing to do is to play on the Thursday. the only alternative would have been to cancel the Bradford game altogether and that wouldn't have made sense.

Mind you, if they turn up asking if they can borrow a couple of players to make up their 17 I think we should be wary.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Think Glenn will be using what he thinks will be his starting seventeen against the Bulls,then the rest of the squad against Keighley.

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Think Glenn will be using what he thinks will be his starting seventeen against the Bulls,then the rest of the squad against Keighley.

We play Keighley first Andyram.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

We play Keighley first Andyram.

So we do,i will have to read things first carefully.Still think we will have a much stronger team out for the Bulls game.

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,293 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

So we do,i will have to read things first carefully.Still think we will have a much stronger team out for the Bulls game.

<Stevo mode> Yep! </Stevo mode>

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users