TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Edmondson

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 900 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

It's all up in the air over there, we should buy them out and then get the ball rolling, a hundred quid for shares in town will get you a place on the board there

#42 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

Buy them out? Our majority share holder has just sold up to a Hong Kong based consortium, how is that up in the air?

#43 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

19mins to get a huge chomp there lol

#44 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

One Luddite gone a few hundred more of them to go , this town is full of them. the likes of councilors Robertson and Stoddart and the opinionated Gob ***** Alan Moore would take us back to the dark ages if they had their way.
Moore was in the paper last week speaking out against the new sports centre, he also opposed the new stadium/ sports centre a couple of years ago. You would think being a gym owner he would be speaking out of self interest.....But no...he's only concerned about the poor non Workington rate payers having to fund it, and the cafe owners whose trade would suffer !!! How building a new sports centre in the town will affect the coffee sales in Costas and Togies is beyond me !

#45 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

Agree mate, it is time to move forward.

#46 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 900 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

Buy them out? Our majority share holder has just sold up to a Hong Kong based consortium, how is that up in the air?

And this guy from Hong Kong is a millionaire or something, similar to baron baloom? It want public knowledge who this guy was until humpty dobie quit the other day,
There in a bad way at the moment basically,
I hope they can get a new man in and pull through from the bottom saying that what about Skelton started with a draw!!

With regards to the sports centre why not get with the times, like wigan one stadium with a gym complex right next to it not 2 stadiums falling to bits although I do love them both I really do, with a Tesco in the middle ane a few decent gyms in and around the town!!

A multi million pound gym with no links to reds or town playing or anything there bad idea but will see

Up the town

Up the reds

#47 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

The chairmans interview on the radio last night, he said they are looking to invest & don't see the club being a struggling conference north club and want progress into higher divisions.

Could be exciting times.

#48 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

The stadium/ sports cenre option is long gone, I just want to see some decent sports facilities in the Town, we are crying out for them. It has to be the Brow Top option IMO, I walk past Moorclose SC most days and can see the vandalism that has taken place over the years. They've turned the swimming pool into a giant metal container in order to prevent it.
For a Town the size of Workington our sports facilities are abysmal, it's a good job we have a few forward looking councilors who want to do something about it.

#49 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

All under 16 can attend this weekends game
Free of charge with a paying adult. If there is no adult it's £1

#50 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

All under 16 can attend this weekends game
Free of charge with a paying adult. If there is no adult it's £1

thats child cruelty
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#51 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

Garry Glitter got jailed for less than that !!! only joking Rockerlad I hope they pull a few kids in, I would like to see Town do something similar.

#52 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

Garry Glitter got jailed for less than that !!! only joking Rockerlad I hope they pull a few kids in, I would like to see Town do something similar.

There has already been a bit more as we started letting workington juniors in for free at the start of the season, but thats as far as humpry would go. At least the new chairman realises the kids are the fans of the future and is letting them all in. I hope its not just a one off as well. it should be for every game

#53 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 900 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Are the 2 Fernandes brothers and the Southampton striker any good then?

#54 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Are the 2 Fernandes brothers and the Southampton striker any good then?

I have only really seen bruno play and he is very good, kyle may seems to have gone really backwards in defence this season think he needs a rest. as for Valter brunos brother never seen him paly but tuesday night was his 1st start and Skelton said he was really good. The lad from southampton only arrived late last thursday so didnt train, he got 5 mins on sat so cant really judge and only a few mins on tues. I expect him to play a bigge part this weekend as he will have finally trained with the rest of the team.

The 3 of them are being put up in a house in town the club is renting, all 3 train every day down at the ground.

#55 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Boxing Day will be a tasty encounter with Edmo going to Barrow, Northside bridge will be packed I'll have to get there early.

#56 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

Ian McDonald the new reds boss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users