• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

I did not point it out that way
I pointed out that if you want action why not take some yourself?
Its a pretty simple remedy.
By the way I'm not a trust spokesperson or a board member. I'm just giving my opinion.

Edited by mark richardson, 11 December 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#42 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

Junior lions reinvented?
Good idea

When the club switched from season tickets to memberships for the 2008 season, the biggest area of growth was junior membership, which more than doubled the number of junior passes. There is potential out there.

I'm often pretty critical of John Kidd, but in fairness the membership scheme of 2008 was his idea and a very successful one IMO.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#43 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

Are you coming Monday John ?

Making some good points there.

Riggy

#44 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Are you coming Monday John ?

Making some good points there.

Riggy

Yes, I plan to.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#45 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Perhaps it would be a good idea for the Trust to have membership forms available that could be completed on the night?

#46 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Bring your £25 and join up on the night!

Good news Jonty, it's now been reduced to £24 per annum (or £2 per month by D/D)

#47 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Membership forms will be available on Monday night and Sam should be their to take your Memberships.

Please spread the word about the meeting.

You coming Phil / Julian ?  Everyone welcome

#48 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Being promoted on Facebook and I have messaged Boozer so every pub in Swinton will soon be aware of the meeting! Sandra Trace has also posted on the Swinton People facebook page.

Edited by duffymoon, 11 December 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#49 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

Instead of people getting their knickers in a twist I will reaffirm this meeting is for all Swinton Supporters new and old to attend, receive first hand info from the trust as to the current state of affairs.
It won' t be a meeting for anyone wishing to degenerate it in to a slanging match. Our club needs everyone pulling in the same direction, even more so if it becomes a trust run club.

It really is time we pulled together.

Edited by marshy1, 12 December 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#50 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

Instead of people getting their knickers in a twist I will reaffirm this meeting is for all Swinton Supporters new and old to attend, revive first hand info from the trust as to the current state of affairs.
It won' t be a meeting for anyone wishing to degenerate it in to a slanging match. Our club needs everyone pulling in the same direction, even more so if it becomes a trust run club.

It really is time we pulled together.

Great post this

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#51 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

The trust broadly exists to protect the interests of ALL supporters. But to affect trust policy, which us open & democratic, then of course u need to be a member. And putting money into the trust by donation or membership fee is not like putting it into a black hole, since the finances are audited & subject to FSA regulations. It's true though that the trust has been marginalised in the past thru the club's various re-incarnations, and there are probably lessons to learn, although legally at the time the trust's hands were tied. And at the time of writing this I'm not clear as to how future club ownership is going to pan out, but I'm convinced that a strong Trust membership will create a powerful message that the fans must be listened to in the future. Or it may transpire that the only viable way forward is under trust ownership similar to Rochdale & Hunslet. But either way it's simple, if ur not a member, please join.

#52 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

And I should have added that the distribution of the trust's money is subject to democratic process

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users