Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Havens new signings?

doing well so far?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

Was it fran king that trained from the brow

Heard an amateur had trained but not Fran. Could be wrong and hopefully so as I really rate him. Classy centre.

#62 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

Wonky?? I hope not! Heard his best days are behind him.

sorry I havent signed, they couldnt meet my 3 tubes of pringles wage demands.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#63 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

Nor would Haven be able to come July at the rate they're going

#64 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

Fran King would be a good signing.

#65 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

Well according to one them on deludedfans.com we are short of cash and are gonna struggle this season

#66 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

Well according to one them on deludedfans.com we are short of cash and are gonna struggle this season

to be fair we will be short on cash, as will haven, barrow and at least 70% of clubs in our league.no one is flush unfortunately and will be on limited budgets, but that wont be any different from last year.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#67 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

It may be that players were brought in last season on the strength of an anticipated attendance increase which I don't think materialised (I'm not certain of the figures though) and the club are maybe wary of overspending. It's ok going for broke to get in the top 9 but if you're out of business before the season ends you won't stay up anyway. Unless you're a super league club anyway.

#68 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

to be fair we will be short on cash, as will haven, barrow and at least 70% of clubs in our league.no one is flush unfortunately and will be on limited budgets, but that wont be any different from last year.

I would imagine it's more like 90% of the clubs Wonky. I would hate my club to go down the road of spending what you haven't got like others are doing, it will just end in tears. I see Bradford are back in financial bother, I get the impression some don't give a toss about going bust ( haven included), the serial offenders just shaft the creditors and bounce back under a new company name ( jam 92, jam 2010 etc ). The law needs changing to stop this happening otherwise financiall common sense goes out of the window.  :rtfm:

#69 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

The irony of whitehaven fans talking about other clubs finances...

#70 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

The irony of whitehaven fans talking about other clubs finances...

Just been reading the RFL's document on signing overseas players and Championship clubs signing a player have to guarantee a salary of not less than £10,000 and then there is accommodation costs after that.    They certainly got a poor return on Pora.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#71 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

I have just been reading the haven forum and the crack is they are signing cotter and a tongan.I thought that they would exceed the salary cap especially with them signing the PNG player,christ knows where they get the money from to bring another overseas player to their club,maybe they are going for broke like they did in 2005,oh well.
Posted Image

#72 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

Cotter won't be cheap either!! Gutted to see the lad go of he does thoughOk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users