Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kit Update

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Some fans are asking when the new kit will be available for purchase and are understandably getting a little anxious that it won’t be out in time for Christmas.

The production of a new kit is a minefield for all clubs, we have to take into consideration other strips, changes the fans have suggested, and also supplier and sponsors. All this then has to be sanctioned by the RFL before we can even consider production. Then we have to find sponsors to fill the shirt, this as I am sure you can imagine isn’t always easy. But all this is time consuming and for the majority of the time is completely out of our hands.

Then there is cost – This directly effects the club and the fans and we must therefore try and get the best deal we can for us all.

Whilst all this is going on there are multiple other clubs all facing the same issues and deadlines and manufactures start having to outsource work to other UK companies. This is the position we are at now, our shirts are in production right this minute, and we are planning a launch night as soon as a confirmed date is given. It makes no sense to announce a date which we then have to change and that is why we are waiting until we have absolute confirmation.

Rest assured, getting the kit out before Christmas is our primary concern and the club is in touch with the manufacturer on a daily basis trying to ascertain dates and ensure that we can get this out to the fans as soon as we can.

Please appreciate that we are doing absolutely everything in our power and will continue to do so until the kit is delivered and a launch night arranged.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

Will we be able to buy the shirts in the players more tighter fitting size like we could with last season shirts as well as the supporters shirts?

#3 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

When you get to my age Andy - all your shirts will be tight fitting. ;)

#4 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Im looking , as is coolie for a slightly more contoured one .

#5 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Yeah last one I got fitted like a wet suit

It was a XXXXXXL

So that might be the reason ;)

Think mi gran still use's one of my old shirts as a throw-over....

For Her 8 berth caravan ;)

Edited by coolie, 10 December 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

It was a XXXXXXL

And you told me you were just big-boned!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

I am I'm a anorexic trapped in a obease persons body... Makes me sick sometimes

Amendment to first statement

Should read I am a anorexic bulimic...

;)

#8 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

I have the same condition coolie - I look in a mirror and I think I'm fat. :fie:

#9 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

Got a e-mail from the club saying the meet the players and shirt launch will be on Monday 23rd December @ 7.30.Only a limited number of shirts will be available on the night,but you can place your orders on the night.

#10 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

Epic fail by the club again on shirts for xmas.... How many years is this????

I blame Santa for randomly dropping Xmas day on us all.... I'm surprised the rest of the world ever get organized.

One word

Sloppy !!!!!

#11 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

Hi Coolie,

The club promised that it would do everything possible to ensure that the shirts would be released in time for Christmas. It is what the supporters wanted and it is what makes sense for the club.

It has kept supporters updated on the progress and also the issues behind getting a shirt through production which as explained in the statement is not an easy, or a fast process.

The club have now announced that the shirt will be available on the 23rd of December and having just got off the phone with Santa I can confirm that Christmas will fall this year on the 25th of December (which we expected) and so I am pleased to announce that the club hasn’t suffered an ‘epic fail’ but has actually worked tirelessly behind the scenes in getting the shirts out before Christmas and has managed an ‘epic success'.

Have a great weekend and an exciting build up to a fantastic Christmas - See you on the 23rd!

:santaclaus:

Edited by Official Rams Updates, 13 December 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#12 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

Glad you've managed to pull victory from the jaws of defeat.., and shirts will be available... Sorry I had to be cynical

.... But seen failure regarding shirts too many times over my 40 years of support.

It never amazes me how "to prove a point" humans can excel in over coming problems and getting results ;)

Well done sir :)

#13 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

It was a XXXXXXL

I bet it looks a right Stat it!!!!!

Edited by Eagletarian, 14 December 2013 - 02:09 AM.

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#14 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

Very unfair criticism Coolie.  I am sure that you are not aware that several people involved at the club

had to scramble around for a Shirt Sponsor at the very last minute as the original

sponsor pulled out from a deal which had been in place from June.  This delayed matters for

several weeks until an alternative benefactor stepped in and saved us from probably being the only team

in the Championship without a Shirt Sponsor.

Perhaps next season you could give your help and expertise in finding a frontline Sponsor - not an easy

task in West Yorkshire, especially as I have raided everyone's spare cash for the Terrace project! 

#15 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Which company is manufacturing the kit this year?

گر اور ہمیشہ کے لئے ہو جائے گا سے زیادہ طاقتور

#16 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

Wilsden...
I've been promised a new shirt by Xmas by the club on more than once over the last few years that they will be in stock
Always spouting various disasters why the said shirts didn't arrive.

Criticism is just... As shirts there is a window for making extra cash... Xmas pressies... This period should be squeezed to the max, as though out the season the games should be promoted to the max

Sometimes this is not the case no both fronts.

People can only do there best!!!

#17 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

Just to confirm - A limited number of shirts have now been delivered to the club. We have sizes from S through to XXL and these are available on a first come first served basis. However, those who are unable to get their shirt on launch night can reserve one from the next delivery.

Once again we would like to thank everyone for their patience and we look forward to seeing you Monday from 7.30pm.

#18 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Got the new shirt this evening at the player's presentation night,well worth the £45,something a bit different from past shirts.Good turn out too from the fans.

#19 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

A huge thank you to all who attended what was a successful and memorable launch night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users