Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Steve McNamara's next job (merged threads)

Roosters bound?

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#61 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

Good luck to him. Glad he's staying in the game rather than going over to the dark side. Roosters and the NRL should be a good further education for him. Would like to see him keep the England post on a part time basis- he'll be close to half the likely team and there isn't exactly a packed program of international games on the horizon at the moment. Maybe if the International Board sort out a sensible program of games we would need a full time coach but until then.....

#62 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,900 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

Good luck to him. Glad he's staying in the game rather than going over to the dark side. Roosters and the NRL should be a good further education for him. Would like to see him keep the England post on a part time basis- he'll be close to half the likely team and there isn't exactly a packed program of international games on the horizon at the moment. Maybe if the International Board sort out a sensible program of games we would need a full time coach but until then.....

Agreed. He's going to the Champion club, and if he can also act as a liaison person for England with the NRL-based players, that would be very useful.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#63 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

I am not a fan but this could make him, so good luck and hope it works well

#64 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

Merged the '...to Bath' and '...'not off to Bath' threads to avoid further confusion.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#65 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

Merged the '...to Bath' and '...'not off to Bath' threads to avoid further confusion.

How about McNamara prefers S(howe)RS to Bath's :)

Posted Image

#66 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

Good luck to him. Trent Robinson seems to have a touch of magic as he showed when he took over the shambles left by Walters in France and latterly in Australia

If some of that rubs off and if retains some interest in the England set up then it could be beneficial.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#67 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

Agreed. He's going to the Champion club, and if he can also act as a liaison person for England with the NRL-based players, that would be very useful.

took the words out my mouth.....

ive called for a england NRL liaison guy for a year now....and now we have a man over there and the players over there too to make it worth while...

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#68 wackojacko

wackojacko
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

http://www.englandrl...main-as-england

#69 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

Irvine will be unhappy...wrong on both counts!

#70 saintspete83

saintspete83
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

2nd announcement tomorrow "Kevin Sinfield to captain Great Britain in 2015 tour and to captain England in 2018 world cup too"

#71 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/25351051

#72 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

Not a bad outcome at all.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

#73 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

It's what a lot of us on here predicted and a good outcome in my opinion.

#74 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

The title of this thread is a little harsh. I am comfortable with McNamara staying on. They say you are only as good as your last performance and England were very very good.

#75 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,352 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

what a silly billy you are!!

#76 Marty Funkhouser

Marty Funkhouser
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

So its now 43 years since our last success as a National team and judging by this terrible decision we now seem to be aiming to get further away than ever and are run, and the game populated by, timid, un-critical, jobs for the boys, sheep...

I wish I could get a spread bet on our next success because with the way things are going we are not going to have too much trouble getting to 100 years of failure...

I have now given up all hope of seeing a successful English/British national RL side in my lifetime...

At least Italy , the Exiles and Mr Chase will be happy...

#77 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

So its now 43 years since our last success as a National team and judging by this terrible decision we now seem to be aiming to get further away than ever and are run, and the game populated by, timid, un-critical, jobs for the boys, sheep...

I wish I could get a spread bet on our next success because with the way things are going we are not going to have too much trouble getting to 100 years of failure...

I have now given up all hope of seeing a successful English/British national RL side in my lifetime...

At least Italy , the Exiles and Mr Chase will be happy...

Absolutely correct, and finishing 3rd is not success.

This was the best England/GB team in my lifetime playing a World Cup on home soil with talent all across the park, the team should've done better end of. 

It doesn't matter how exciting the NZ game was, losing is losing.

#78 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

The title of this thread is a little harsh. I am comfortable with McNamara staying on. They say you are only as good as your last performance and England were very very good.

You are comfortable with losing and failure.....I am not.

#79 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

what a silly billy you are!!

Brilliant argument.

#80 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

Irvine will be unhappy...wrong on both counts!

Chuckles is not letting his personal disappointment shine through... no not at all....professional to the end....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!