Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Who do we want to sign?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 830 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

It's a topic that concerns us only this not them down the road, who would you like to see us sign of the 4 players we apparently need? I will start us off
Dixon from WBH
Brocklebank from Egremont
Emmitt from Salford
And a partridge in a pair tree.

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

It's a topic that concerns us only this not them down the road, who would you like to see us sign of the 4 players we apparently need? I will start us off
Dixon from WBH
Brocklebank from Egremont
Emmitt from Salford
And a partridge in a pair tree.

well jake emmitt is one we wont be signing unfortunately. Brocklebank is a must for me and youve got to feel if hes ever going to step up a level then now is the time to do it.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

Partridge is way to expensive . We're on a tight budget , we've no money for extravagances. .

#4 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

Salford just announced their squad numbers and Adam Walne got 20 Jordan got 21 and emmit hasn't been given one so I imagine he is a free agent

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

Who were they linked to in DR ? We need to be keeping good informal relations with them . They'll have plenty of players . The Swinton situation is the unknown I guess

Edited by DavidM, 10 December 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#6 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm not sure David we need to defo keep tabs on the Walne brothers

#7 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

Again I said Salford were the team to be on duel reg with middle of last year ...

Looking at signings we need some fresh faces - the walne brothers will be around salfords 17 - widnes look to have the same as last year - maybe big Lawton will play now hocks gone -

Wingers there's a lad playing local ru who will be on the radar I wouldn't pay big money for Flynn -

Could do with a centre - halves are fine with forber / Callum / Lupton

Props probably need 2 to be honest

Hookers - lucock + matty

Back row probably a couple ...

This added to a utility back 3 player ...

That's 6/7 players in my book

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

20 and 21 squad numbers are half n half really between out in the cold and regular match day members ... The Walne's are obviously involved in Salfords plans , as with all their money and signings if they weren't wanted they'd have been discarded . I think we've more chance of getting Jordan if we tried , as Adam seems a bit more advanced , but we don't know which other championship clubs are sniffing about .

#9 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

Again I said Salford were the team to be on duel reg with middle of last year ...

Looking at signings we need some fresh faces - the walne brothers will be around salfords 17 - widnes look to have the same as last year - maybe big Lawton will play now hocks gone -

Koukash seems to be wanting to develop ties with the RL cubs around the Greater Manchester area so we would stand no chance of going DR with them.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#10 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,685 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

Salford were partnered with Oldham last season.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#11 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

another top amateur at training tonight well done, seems we are getting our share now of the local talent? 

#12 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

another top amateur at training tonight well done, seems we are getting our share now of the local talent? 

B)

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#13 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

Any chance if a pm with a name? . . Pretty please!!

#14 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 830 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Pm me too please

#15 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Bet you two cant wait for xmas either !

#16 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Thacks has been granted a years visa to Australia we need to replace him and we need at least 2 forwards were missing a pack leader

#17 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Looking at the team at this time i would like our next signings to be a cover for brett at fullback two props and another winger

#18 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

Experienced forwards please
2 or 3. Maybe a tactical kicking stand off too.

#19 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Experienced forwards please
2 or 3. Maybe a tactical kicking stand off too.

I agree then maybe move luppy at loose

#20 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 830 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Lupton to loose? So our play maker take him out of the equation? I don't think that will happen, olstrum is our loose with big duerden sure to fill in there too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users