Free beer in the Phoenix bar...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Okay, so now I've got your attention....

This has been a pretty rubbish year for the Hunslet RL forum, and I dread to think how other clubs see us.

There has been much negativety towards the club, at a time when we should all be pulling in the same direction. I'm not going to criticise individuals, because I'm sure that in their own minds they genuinely want the best for Hunslet, albeit in a form that suits their beliefs.

It's been very sad to see criticism of people who give their time freely, and some of it has been unneccesary, personal, and frankly unpleasant.

A lot of regular posters have now dropped off the radar, and the lack of banter makes the site about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit.....

I also feel sorry for the moderators, who also get much stick for doing a job that is also voluntary.

The coming season is particularly exiting for several reasons, on the pitch and off.......

So, what I propose is that this thread is a new start for existing and lapsed fans. What I am looking for is ideas to improve the general atmosphere at the club. Ideas, suggestions, anything that you would like to see happen at the club, it doesn't matter how bonkers or unrealistic it is...

What would you like to see on matchdays ? Topless linesmen/women....?

Do you want to be able to buy food on a matchday ? How about a barbecue outside the Phoenix selling humungous Hawk-burgers..?

How about Parkside vintage ales, sold behind the bar on matchdays...?

Limited edition Hawks leisurewear, that folks from across the river can only aspire to...?

Let's start 2014 with a bang, and get some momentum going, a positive force...

If we could get the gates back up to around 1000 on matchdays (difficult, but not impossible..) we would become a different animal altogether.

If everyone pulls together we can't fail, don't forget, even midgets started small...........

#2 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Think Darren Williams will have a heart attack when he sees the bit about free beer

#3 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Free Seabrook crisps on every table........... :drag:

#4 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

There's another heart attack don't give anything else away or you finish him off

#5 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

What flavour..?

#6 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Canadian ham

#7 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

On the leisure wear front,i would like to see,hunslet fleece jackets for sale,ie winter,cold weather.they would sell.On the forum front,i have not posted for a while,i too was fed up with the same people griping over the dr farce.Lets get behind the club we all love,and go forward to be the great club we all support...CMON YOU HUNS,,

#8 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

Peanut butter sarnies and topless darts.

#9 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

Peanut butter sarnies and topless darts.

very good idea Gaz tapping into the Leeds gay scene very good idea indeed well done Gaz

#10 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

What flavour..?

Got to be salt and vinegar

#11 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

very good idea Gaz tapping into the Leeds gay scene very good idea indeed well done Gaz

Gay ment happy in my day , honky tonk

#12 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

All we need for next season is a winning team.

#13 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

all we need over here is a injury free season for a certain young man who wants to give something back to the club who have stuck by him as he has stuck by his club, and all I want to see is the people of South Leeds and beyond getting behind their club hope you all have a great Christmas New Year and a great season starting at Post Office road on New Years Day :santa:

Edited by suzzy, 11 December 2013 - 10:28 AM.

chappy

#14 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

all we need over here is a injury free season for a certain young man who wants to give something back to the club who have stuck by him as he has stuck by his club, and all I want to see is the people of South Leeds and beyond getting behind their club hope you all have a great Christmas New Year and a great season starting at Post Office road on New Years Day :santa:

I thought you'd have wanted it to start this Saturday Col , when Sharlston play Old Boys .............

#15 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

I thought you'd have wanted it to start this Saturday Col , when Sharlston play Old Boys .............

Are you at home? if so what is the kick off time.

#16 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

I Fear the Worst Rick  think with Gaz Davies retired and only a few 1st teamers turning up at training a re build is on the cards. Fancy its between you and Thornhill for the Honours good luck against Haighy and Ratters team in the Yorkshire Cup Final mate.

chappy

#17 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Are you at home? if so what is the kick off time.

Old Boys are at home and 2.00 ko Billy..............

#18 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

I Fear the Worst Rick  think with Gaz Davies retired and only a few 1st teamers turning up at training a re build is on the cards. Fancy its between you and Thornhill for the Honours good luck against Haighy and Ratters team in the Yorkshire Cup Final mate.

It happens to all teams that Col when a re builds needed and not just in the pro game , Thornhill are looking strong at the minute tho...........are you over this w,end for the game............

#19 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

no mate Meadow Hall doomed though had enough with the Queens game

chappy

#20 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:11 PM