TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

west yorkshire

merge the lot for 5 regions

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Talk on another thread saying about hull clubs merging , well why merge the west Yorkshire teams to the five regions. BRADFORD BOROUGH ( Bradford and Keighley ) CALDERDALE ( Halifax ) KIRKLESS ( Batley , Dewsbury and Huddersfield ) LEEDS ( Leeds and Hunslet ) and WAKEFIELD ( Castleford , Featherstone and Wakefield )   then have a west Yorkshire league where all the ten teams play in there own identity in a league and cup for development.

Chief Crazy Eagle

#2 northamptoncougar

northamptoncougar
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

Most stupid thing ever written - congrats Troll

#3 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

leeds is a city not a region. 

never heard of a region called Bradford borough

and you lost me with kirkless    

like the idea that Halifax would be the only club not to merge  that should enhance  the league

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#4 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

Talk on another thread saying about hull clubs merging , well why merge the west Yorkshire teams to the five regions. BRADFORD BOROUGH ( Bradford and Keighley ) CALDERDALE ( Halifax ) KIRKLESS ( Batley , Dewsbury and Huddersfield ) LEEDS ( Leeds and Hunslet ) and WAKEFIELD ( Castleford , Featherstone and Wakefield )   then have a west Yorkshire league where all the ten teams play in there own identity in a league and cup for development.

Awesome idea, let's do it now.  Rugby League can totally survive on the roughly zero fans that would be interested in this.

#5 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Can John or ckn please lock this?

Blatant trolling.

#6 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

If we spoke minds about this Op CKN would be on to us.Lock it please
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#7 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Talk on another thread saying about hull clubs merging , well why merge the west Yorkshire teams to the five regions. BRADFORD BOROUGH ( Bradford and Keighley ) CALDERDALE ( Halifax ) KIRKLESS ( Batley , Dewsbury and Huddersfield ) LEEDS ( Leeds and Hunslet ) and WAKEFIELD ( Castleford , Featherstone and Wakefield ) then have a west Yorkshire league where all the ten teams play in there own identity in a league and cup for development.

the Leeds and Hunslet merger may be closer than you think unfortunately

#8 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

the Leeds and Hunslet merger may be closer than you think unfortunately

It was done years ago.Come in Parky
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#9 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

I think you could be right

#10 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

and you lost me with kirkless    

It's a heathen area in the west of Yorkshire lacking in churches.

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

CALDERDALE ( Halifax ) KIRKLESS ( Batley , Dewsbury and Huddersfield )

I'v e posted this before but some people won't know it.

Under the proposed 1974 local government reorganisation, Batley , Dewsbury and Huddersfield were to be merged into "Huddersfield" Metropolitan Borough. Batley  and Dewsbury weren't having any of that; they refused point blank to cooperate with the Local Government Commission.

Therefore, a compromise name of Kirklees Metropolitan Borough was agreed, after Kirklees Hall at Cooper Bridge, where Robin Hood is buried.

Come the reorganisation, there was a last-minute boundary adjustment to accommodate the line of the M62 and Kirklees Hall has ended up in Calderdale.

So Kirklees Council has ended up with the name of a place outside its boundary.

The arrangement has worked very well for almost forty years and all three towns have prospered. I think the same thing could happen if Lancashire agreed to rename itself Western Yorkshire.

;) :tongue:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#12 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Let's start slating Union, that should get this locked.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#13 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

papola.  you would lose even more hardened to their own club fans. rather than gain any fresh ones. :download:

#14 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

Do you ever actually think before you post on this forum?

#15 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Let's start slating Union, that should get this locked.

It's easier if you just discuss rugby union.

I think West Yorkshire should be represented in the Arriva Premiership by a merged West Yorkshire superclub as the Tykes / Carnegie just don't cut the mustard.

If we get a couple of replies to that then the thread will be closed.

#16 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

It's easier if you just discuss rugby union.

I think West Yorkshire should be represented in the Arriva Premiership by a merged West Yorkshire superclub as the Tykes / Carnegie just don't cut the mustard.

If we get a couple of replies to that then the thread will be closed.

I agree. I think the two London clubs should merge to enhance the Wasps as London Welsh are like the equivalent to HKR in league.

That ought to do it.

#17 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

I think that every single Rugby Union club in England should merge together to make one super England club.

We could call it 'ENGLAND' and it could consist of Leeds, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Wakefield and all of the other parts of England whenceforth.

Then the club could just play with itself in one big contested scrum in a place beside Eton next to a massive wall.

Because of the wall the 15 players of ENGLAND could then just merge together so that you could have one Super Duper Union player that would consist of a beer belly, no teeth, and a very posh public school accent.

Then the Super Duper player could just play with himself until he merges with the wall of Eton. We could call him 'ETON WALL MAN'.

Now which is better, Rugby League or Rugby Union?

• abd likes this

#18 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

I genuinely don't know what the ###### I'm saying. And I haven't even drunk that much tonight.

Edited by ShotgunGold, 11 December 2013 - 12:58 AM.

#19 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:31 AM

That sounds like a right Eton Mess.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#20 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,705 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

It was.

Also Bradford have now nicely got Dewsbury under control players wise and season ticket buses go to Batley and Keighley.

Huddersfield have Batley as subservients.

The situation in Calder is more fluent as they all fight to be top dog enough to supress the other two. That sadly may become the hundred years war.

But a stand alone Halifax is the best suggestion. Sadly they can't cut it now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users