Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Supporters General Meeting 16/12/2013

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

My three 'letters' were hand delivered today to the 3 councillors for my council ward, Claremont, even though my home is in Pendlebury.

Councillor Dirir - c/o the town hall

Councillor Pugh - home address

Councillor Murphy - home address

:santaclaus:

#42 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

I would urge e eryone to sign the Facebook petition that is circulating via that medium.

#43 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

I would urge e eryone to sign the Facebook petition that is circulating via that medium.

How do you access the petition?

#44 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

BBC Radio Manchester has just trailed an appearance by Dr Koukash himself, which will include discussion on the topic of his interest in the Lions, before 6pm.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#45 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

Im in! If you need any help at all let me know. I'll join the trust this week. I still have some of my old rfl contact details knocking about somewhere.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#46 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Don't want to pour cold water on anything but I thought you were not allowed to own two clubs. Or is Dr Koukash planning on just owning the development

Good luck anyway, hope you come through this a lot stronger.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#47 Gowers Magic Hands

Gowers Magic Hands
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

Petition signed and Trust membership application posted.

#48 LionessTaz

LionessTaz
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

This is the link to the petition that has been set up

http://www.change.or...=share_petition

#49 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Thanks Taz

#50 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

6 signatories from my family, including a dye in the wool Salford fan

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#51 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

Managed to add my name....at last!

Edited by Paul Davidson, 18 December 2013 - 12:31 AM.

#52 lancaster Lion

lancaster Lion
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

Signed the petition this morning. Please can the fund raising ideas discussed at Mondays meeting be listed on the forum.

Edited by lancaster Lion, 18 December 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#53 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

BBC Radio Manchester has just trailed an appearance by Dr Koukash himself, which will include discussion on the topic of his interest in the Lions, before 6pm.

What did he have to say?
Posted Image

#54 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

I've signed and got 12 others to sign as well keep it up and spread the word!

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#55 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

6 signatories from my family, including a dye in the wool Salford fan

This Salford fan just signed, too. RL just wouldn't feel whole without the Lions. Hope things turn out well.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#56 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

What did he have to say?

Dr Koukash confirmed his interest in taking on Swinton Lions, but added it was far from a 'done deal' that he would do so.

He was asked whether his objective was to merge Salford and Swinton, or to have Swinton play at Barton and gave an emphatic "no" to both. When asked where Swinton Lions will play next year if he takes over the answer was Leigh. His vision is two seperate clubs, but he added that Swinton's "relationship" with Warrington would likely be replaced by a "relationship" with Salford although none of the details had been worked out.

Today he has issued a tweet saying that he's made his interest in Swinton clear, but it is 'up to the Council to provide them with a home first'. An indication that he means business in my view, and that he has very quickly and astutely identified both; the key factor in rebuilding the club, and; the key entity in giving him what he needs to make it happen.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#57 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Dr Koukash confirmed his interest in taking on Swinton Lions, but added it was far from a 'done deal' that he would do so.

He was asked whether his objective was to merge Salford and Swinton, or to have Swinton play at Barton and gave an emphatic "no" to both. When asked where Swinton Lions will play next year if he takes over the answer was Leigh. His vision is two seperate clubs, but he added that Swinton's "relationship" with Warrington would likely be replaced by a "relationship" with Salford although none of the details had been worked out.

Today he has issued a tweet saying that he's made his interest in Swinton clear, but it is 'up to the Council to provide them with a home first'. An indication that he means business in my view, and that he has very quickly and astutely identified both; the key factor in rebuilding the club, and; the key entity in giving him what he needs to make it happen.

Thanks Phil.
Posted Image

#58 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

Signed your petition - love coming to Swinton (and the other Lanky champ clubs), always good craic and a warm welcome - top club and top supporters. Best of luck to you guys, RL still needs you.

#59 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

Any update from the council following todays meeting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users