TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Third time lucky?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

My third attempt at converting the Off the Field haters!

This week I spoke to Paul McShane, have a read and let me know your thoughts: http://www.totalrl.c...field-wildcats/

On the phone he seemed a really nice bloke. Was very honest about his move from Leeds, too.

TotalRL.com Editor
Email: joe.whitley@totalrl.com
Direct line: +44 (0) 1484 404 921

#2 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 681 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

Keep it up Joe, some might not like it but some of us do.

Also it's good to see the questions asked of one of the lesser stars (hope that's not too disrespectful) of the game, having said that can you try and get Adrian Morley?

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#3 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Keep it up Joe, some might not like it but some of us do.

Also it's good to see the questions asked of one of the lesser stars (hope that's not too disrespectful) of the game, having said that can you try and get Adrian Morley?

Thanks for the kind words. I will certainly ask the question - do you have any more requests?

TotalRL.com Editor

#4 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I will certainly ask the question - do you have any more requests?

I like the format; well done!

It would be good if you could talk to some south sea islanders like Menzies Yere.

I also think Nick Fozzard would be a terrific interviewee.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

Have you accidentally published the Ryan Hall interview again?

Same answers for superpower (flying), colour (blue, it's a boy thing), and drink (vodka lime and soda)!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#6 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Have you accidentally published the Ryan Hall interview again?

Same answers for superpower (flying), colour (blue, it's a boy thing), and drink (vodka lime and soda)!

Well spotted. They seem to be kindred spirits in a way. Thinking of losing the colour question as more often than not the answer seems to be that.

TotalRL.com Editor

#7 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 681 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

I like the format; well done!

It would be good if you could talk to some south sea islanders like Menzies Yere.

I also think Nick Fozzard would be a terrific interviewee.

Good call

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#8 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

Another good article. Will coaches be getting questioned for these aswell?
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#9 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Another good article. Will coaches be getting questioned for these aswell?

Thank you. I don't see why not. Anyone in mind?

TotalRL.com Editor

#10 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

Good call

Anyone else you'd particularly like to read about?

TotalRL.com Editor

#11 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Anyone else you'd particularly like to read about?

Can you grab James Graham while he's still in the country?

#12 GaryO

GaryO
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

My third attempt at converting the Off the Field haters!

This week I spoke to Paul McShane, have a read and let me know your thoughts: http://www.totalrl.c...field-wildcats/

On the phone he seemed a really nice bloke. Was very honest about his move from Leeds, too.

Sorry Joe not converted, I did read it with an open mind but these articles do nothing for me, everyone to their own, as they say "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please them all".
"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

#13 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

does no harm but a bit tacky for me

and please, please don;t get Fozzard - he's a fan of one person only and that's himself
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#14 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

Thank you. I don't see why not. Anyone in mind?

Tony Smith? Brian Noble? Nathan Brown would be good for this kind of thing I bet, he seems a fun and friendly kinda guy.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#15 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Sorry Joe not converted, I did read it with an open mind but these articles do nothing for me, everyone to their own, as they say "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please them all".

Fair enough, Gary. Can't please them all as you say.

TotalRL.com Editor

#16 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

does no harm but a bit tacky for me

and please, please don;t get Fozzard - he's a fan of one person only and that's himself

The main aim of the piece is to be a light-hearted look at the player's life off the pitch. Clearly this can come across as tacky and I am fine with that. Would be great to hear if you have any suggestions at improving it? I don't want any questions about rugby, just something a bit colourful and off-topic.

TotalRL.com Editor

#17 robinson2

robinson2
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

I enjoyed reading it. We often see fans saying that we need to build these guys up as "characters" and/or "personalities" beyond simply being a professional rugby league player in order to broaden the appeal of the game. I think rugby league can trade on the fact it's a much more grounded sport and yet still requires extreme physical and technical attributes in order that its players succeed.

#18 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Really have to agree, School newspaper stuff - sorry.

#19 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

Really have to agree, School newspaper stuff - sorry.

You've already said that, no need to repeat. Would much rather you made some comments on how you'd improve it.

TotalRL.com Editor

#20 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

I enjoyed reading it. We often see fans saying that we need to build these guys up as "characters" and/or "personalities" beyond simply being a professional rugby league player in order to broaden the appeal of the game. I think rugby league can trade on the fact it's a much more grounded sport and yet still requires extreme physical and technical attributes in order that its players succeed.

Refreshing to find someone else who can stop taking the game so seriously and enjoy the light-hearted side!

TotalRL.com Editor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users