TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Pennine League & NW Counties League

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

There seemed to be a lot of games cancelled in these leagues last weekend, is there any particular reason?

#2 dobber

dobber
  • Coach
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

Moorends, Selby, Methley & Eastmoor all Walkovers does this mean they can't raise sides. Thought this sort of thing didn't happen in the Pennine league

#3 Phil Hodgson

Phil Hodgson
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

I can't speak for other clubs but Methley Royals' `A' team fixture at Harehills Pigeons was hit mainly by Christmas works bashes.

The following is extracted from our weekly press release (we're taking steps to avoid any repetition in future years by stressing to our players that we need to be given plenty of warning if they're unavailable) : .

Methley Royals A, meanwhile, were scheduled to travel to Harehills Pigeons in Division Six but requested a postponement when it came to light that many players were unavailable because of works’ Christmas events and family outings. The Royals were also hit by injuries. Pennine League bosses, however, were unable to accede to the request as the required 28 days’ notice had not been given.

Phil Hodgson

Methley Royals 

#4 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

I can't speak for other clubs but Methley Royals' `A' team fixture at Harehills Pigeons was hit mainly by Christmas works bashes.

The following is extracted from our weekly press release (we're taking steps to avoid any repetition in future years by stressing to our players that we need to be given plenty of warning if they're unavailable) : .

This wouldn't have happened in the summer!!!!!!!!

#5 Defender

Defender
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

Lets not get into the summer winter thing, both summer and winter are on the decline, all aspects of the sport are on the decline despite David Gent saying things are rosey. If we don't start talking towards a solution the game will be be in a bigger mess than it is.
Lets all slag each other off until even less people reply on the forum as that is what is happening as unfortunately I think people are fed up with all the bickering and politics that seem to feed our game.

#6 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

It was said tongue in cheek as obviously a game wouldnt be called off for christmas parties in the summer.

#7 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

All sports are suffering from the same problems.

Societal changes are challenging all sports, especially those who are played at weekends.  People do not work the same hours or days, more people take longer holidays, different expectations of homelife, etc, etc.

Its not a rugby issue, summer or winter issue, it's bigger.  How we change it, I don't know but I doubt having the game split in 2 helps.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#8 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Today both Eastmoor  and Moorends  1st teams conceded their games, yet their A teams both played, don't the Pennine League insist that the 1st team fixtures should take prority ?

#9 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,240 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

For what it's worth Eastmoor Dragons' Championship division team were basically them trying to take over Westgate Wolves' fixtures and it hasn't worked out so they've pulled out

#10 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,240 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

The NWCL only seems to have 3 clubs finish the season in the Upper Division (Dalton, Golborne Parkside and Wigan St Cuthberts) and 3 in the lower division (Hindley, Ince Rose Bridge and OIdham St Annes). 

#11 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

It's looking like the last season of the NWC

#12 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

Dark forces have won the day , sad demise of a once vibrant league you reap what you sow remember .

#13 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

Dark forces or players voting with their feet. Administrators on both sides have had their say, perhaps this is players having theirs?

Interesting to see what Dalton will do. Didn't they recently try to join the Pennine League? I know some of their junior teams are playing in NWC from March. Would good to see them in Cumbrian League although appreciate the travel would be problematic to more northerly clubs.

#14 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Your nativity gets the better of you there Wilbers understudy , how many players get a choice did they at the Pats ?

#15 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

Your nativity gets the better of you there Wilbers understudy , how many players get a choice did they at the Pats ?

#16 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Ha ha. Nobody's understudy. I'm sure Mr W will confirm that. Perhaps St Pats listened to their players.

#17 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

Perhaps, so your not sure ?

#18 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

Nativity always gets the better of me. All that over-indulgence.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#19 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

No glasses using IPhone , but I'm sure your educated enough to know it should have been naiveity .

#20 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Interesting to note that Ron Girvin, who has fought to keep the NWC OA League going against all sorts of propaganda and nonsense from the RFL over the last few years, has now been honoured by the RFL and given Life Presidency of the NWCML the league that has effectively ended the NWC OA League's existence!!!

I do sometimes wonder about how the dark forces really work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users