Festive Photo Theme: Joy to the world

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

We seem to have lost our way with the photo threads so I've decided to take matters in hand and set up a thread for photos covering the festive period from now until the decorations go down.

If we get enough entries we might have a friendly competition.  If we don't I'll start another thread at some point in January with another randomly selected theme.

So, as a reminder, the rules are:

• Pictures should at least hint at the theme "Joy to the World"
  • Should be taken after 8:30am on 12/12/2013
  • Keep post-processing to a minimum unless you're doing something that rocks
  • Have fun
  • Be nice

Edited by gingerjon, 12 December 2013 - 08:29 AM.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#2 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

Especially be nice because not doing so puts posters off from entering. Looking forward to the pictures as always. 

Edited by Saint Billinge, 12 December 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#3 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

We seem to have lost our way with the photo threads so I've decided to take matters in hand and set up a thread for photos covering the festive period from now until the decorations go down.

Good luck.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#4 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Good luck.

Yes indeed. Let's get back to what it should be all about in terms of enjoying it without bickering. Come on guys get clicking to give us a treat.  :tongue:

#5 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Any photos anyone?
- Severus, July 2012

#6 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Festive fun you say? (Although I honestly don't know why I'm bothering)

11343320154_3ab8a17855_c.jpg
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#7 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

Out of interest, where was it taken?

#8 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 897 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

santa2013_zps4148c36a.jpg

#9 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

11366421493_e86a25b17a_c.jpg

Edited by gingerjon, 14 December 2013 - 01:00 PM.

- Severus, July 2012

#10 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Out of interest, where was it taken?

Winchester Cathedral
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#11 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Winchester Cathedral

Visited many cathedrals but not Winchester.

#12 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

Visited many cathedrals but not Winchester.

It's beautiful especially at this time of year.

Posted Image

#13 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

It's beautiful especially at this time of year.

I'll have to put it on my list of things to do. My wife and I take cottage holidays most years and always visit a cathedral: Durham, Lincoln, Ely, Oxford, Truro, St Davids, Carlisle, York, Chester to name some, as well as both in Liverpool and the one in Manchester and others abroad. Also visited some in Scotland. With this in mind, churches and cathedrals could be a future theme for the photo comp and would be interesting indeed.  

Edited by Saint Billinge, 14 December 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#14 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'll have to put it on my list of things to do. My wife and I take cottage holidays most years and always visit a cathedral: Durham, Lincoln, Ely, Oxford, Truro, St Davids, Carlisle, York, Chester to name some, as well as both in Liverpool and the one in Manchester and others abroad. Also visited some in Scotland. With this in mind, churches and cathedrals could be a future theme for the photo comp and would be interesting indeed.  

I have driven past Winchester many times visiting my brother in Plymouth and going to Worthing in my previous working life. Never stopped off for a look but my brother highly recommends it, and Carl isn't a bad judge either so I really must make the effort next time I'm passing.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#15 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

off topic but some pics of Winchester Cathedral here.....

Posted Image

#16 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

A cracker - brings a big smile to my face.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#17 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

Thanks for the pics Carl. St Patrick's Cathedral in Armagh, N. Ireland, has some amazing mosaics. 

#18 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,548 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

If we get enough entries we might have a friendly competition.  If we don't I'll start another thread at some point in January with another randomly selected theme.

So, as a reminder, the rules are:

• Pictures should at least hint at the theme "Joy to the World"
  • Should be taken after 8:30am on 12/12/2013
  • Keep post-processing to a minimum unless you're doing something that rocks
  • Have fun
  • Be nice

I'll start pinning the photo threads, and also remove any snarky comments designed to mock it or put people off taking part, as I think they're a fun part of the forum and worth encouraging people to get involved in again.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#19 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,548 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

...and to show willing, here's a picture of a right chump with a horse standing on his head, taken at the Christmas markets in Dusseldorf.

xmas-photo1.jpg

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#20 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

...and to show willing, here's a picture of a right chump with a horse standing on his head, taken at the Christmas markets in Dusseldorf.

xmas-photo1.jpg

Was that intentional John? Although I'm not a snapper myself, I do hope the photo comp continues onwards and upwards. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users