TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

friendly

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

Why? Hitler was a brilliant orator....should we recruit a relative of his?
There are loads of people walking the walk.
How about giving them some credit ?
All I see from Phil is a mastery of avoiding direct questions and a strong ability to point out the obvious.

Just my opinion of course. And it must be respected.

Thanks yet again for the ringing endorsement, Mark. From your good self I would expect nothing less.

Truth is, I did my own fair share of 'walking the walk' w.r.t the key issue - the need for a new ground - via the M27 Sports and Community Project. Not that you'd know of course, given you never showed up. Nor did many other of the regular posters on here whose recent sentiments have at times bordered on 'holier than thou'.

At a rough estimate, yours truly probably got through about 80% of the actual work on the 'M27SCP' and the project lost pretty much all of its momentum when I had to take my leave of it.

That experience taught me that to truly make a difference any similar campaign needs at least 6 to 10 people of good quality prepared to put the hours in on a consistent and sustained basis.

So what I'm actually doing at the moment is weighing up whether sufficient commitment is there in the hearts of others. Plus one other thing - a proper focus on the Trust constitution and the goals within it, rather than a longing for rhinal - perineal proximity with the club's ownership.

Edited by PhillH, 13 December 2013 - 06:28 PM.

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#22 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Thanks yet again for the ringing endorsement, Mark. From your good self I would expect nothing less.

Truth is, I did my own fair share of 'walking the walk' w.r.t the key issue - the need for a new ground - via the M27 Sports and Community Project. Not that you'd know of course, given you never showed up. Nor did many other of the regular posters on here whose recent sentiments have at times bordered on 'holier than thou'.

At a rough estimate, yours truly probably got through about 80% of the actual work on the 'M27SCP' and the project lost pretty much all of its momentum when I had to take my leave of it.

That experience taught me that to truly make a difference any similar campaign needs at least 6 to 10 people of good quality prepared to put the hours in on a consistent and sustained basis.

So what I'm actually doing at the moment is weighing up whether sufficient commitment is there in the hearts of others. Plus one other thing - a proper focus on the Trust constitution and the goals within it, rather than a longing for rhinal - perineal proximity with the club's ownership.

This post explains a lot!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#23 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

Ha ha . Glad to see youve regained your sense of humour Phil......

Yes indeed I never turned up fro the M27 campaign. I have neither the time nor the skills for such a project. I am however not one to criticise those who have recently been giving their time for free....the reluctant heroes of our Trust/club now who i definitely believe are doing the right thing. They are doing it as reluctant heroes....the  Martins Riggys Marshys Barbara etc of this world who should be the names dominating our forum. Not yours. 

When it was decided you were too clever for Swinton schooling did they also remove the page with humility on it from your dictionary?

Further to me not turning up I guess my turning up every week since about 1979 and my dad since 1946 isnt enough. I agree. My four figure plus investment over the years into the Trust plus the old fellas equal portion though I guess does. Money wasted no doubt to the worlds moral dilemma ists such as yourself. Money invested for something I love to me.

Back to humility....if the requirement for your further involvement is the finding of people of sufficient and equal quality to yourself do you or any one else have to ask why you get so much sniping?

I think you shold re read my post. It was a compliment ....back handed I know....but you do have a great skill.  Put it to a good use.

#24 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Why? Hitler was a brilliant orator....should we recruit a relative of his?
There are loads of people walking the walk.
How about giving them some credit ?
All I see from Phil is a mastery of avoiding direct questions and a strong ability to point out the obvious.

Just my opinion of course. And it must be respected.

He should run for Parliament then, he would be brilliant, Prime Minester material if ever I saw it.

You guys should have realised by now. It would be far better to have him in the tent pi**ing out, than outside the tent pi**ing in.

Kind Regards and Good Luck on Monday.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#25 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thanks Peter

Riggy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users