• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

http://www.totalrl.c...&attach_id=4252

Edited by TaxiEgg, 12 December 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#2 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

So every one is happy with the changes ?

A major shift in NCL policy on professional players ?

#3 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Don't think people can get onto that thread. Are you referring to the motion that a maximum of three contracted semi-pro players can return to play for their original ametuer clubs. to gain some playing time. At the end of day if the NCL clubs think it is a good thing they will vote yes. if not it will be voted out,

#4 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

There's no major shift in NCL policy, the changes haven't been included in the new competition rules.

Ask your club for a copy.

I might even post on here once you have dug a big hole for yourself...

#5 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Well I will have a look when I can , don't suppose you could share them on here ?
Miners are very good at digging holes .

#6 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:26 AM

Can't see clubs voting yes on this one

#7 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

So mick we could see Ridy, pownall and aj playing for miners if they are not playing for Leigh?

#8 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

I doubt this would get voted in, imagine the guest appearances St Pats could have lol

#9 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

Most of st pats are full time professionals, just part time players isn't it?

#10 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Just cant see the clubs buying into this one myself.

#11 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

Most of st pats are full time professionals, just part time players isn't it?

Scott Leatherbarrow, Joe Bullock, Dan Birkett, Steven Wild, Brad Hargreaves, James + Tommy Coyle, Steve Roper, Tom Spencer, Bob Beswick, Martin Roden, Chris Baines, Tony Suffolk, Brett Robinson all playing championship or championship 1 next season all played at Pats at some point plus loads of talented academy lads Scott Turner, Ollie Gildart etc.

personally i can't see fully contracted players being accepted, i wouldn't mind academy lads who aren't getting a game or at best limited game time as we need to keep these kids playing instead of drifting away from the game.

#12 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

Scott Leatherbarrow, Joe Bullock, Dan Birkett, Steven Wild, Brad Hargreaves, James + Tommy Coyle, Steve Roper, Tom Spencer, Bob Beswick, Martin Roden, Chris Baines, Tony Suffolk, Brett Robinson all playing championship or championship 1 next season all played at Pats at some point plus loads of talented academy lads Scott Turner, Ollie Gildart etc.
personally i can't see fully contracted players being accepted, i wouldn't mind academy lads who aren't getting a game or at best limited game time as we need to keep these kids playing instead of drifting away from the game.

Not a bad list! The Rfl should never of got rid of the academy and alliance setup! Wouldn't be having these problems now with all this dial reg nonsense

#13 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

This is what was said. It makes so much sense and I think you find they'll not be too much opposition. Shame that a lad could be paid £100k a year playing Uniom under the rules but as soon as he gets a run out at his local championship 1 club the agitating starts.

This will be used for fringe players and younger lads looking to get game time waiting for a go. Don't expect Sam Tomkins to come winging it back from NZ to turn out against Thatto Heath. Although I'm sure we'd find a space on the coach if he fancied it?!

6.2 Community Dual Registration Policy
Discussion took place on a proposal for Community Dual Registration, which would involve a small number of part-time professional players playing in the Community Game whilst still on contract.
Mr Hunt asked whether the maximum of three dual registered players per community club was inclusive of Under 18s players. It was agreed that the allowance was for three players in total.
Mr Moran asked whether this would form part of competition rules. Mr Hicks clarified that this ruling would be reflected in the professional game’s Operational Rules; therefore leagues would be asked to include this within their competition rules.
The Board agreed unanimously that the recommendation on an upper limit of 3 players be taken forward for further discussion with clubs, with a view to implementing this for the 2014 season.
6.3 Trialist registration of under 18 players not in receipt of a contract of minimum value
Discussion took place on the proposal to allow professional clubs a three month trial window for Under 18 players outside of those receiving a Minimum Contract Value, to enable them to make a fully informed decision before signing a player.
Mr Hunt felt that the forms must state clearly to players that they were signing on a trial basis and not a professional contract. It was proposed
that a guide be produced to ensure all parties were fully aware of what
contract they were signing up to. RH
Mr Moran also felt that it should be made clear that these players could play for their community club.
Subject to this amendment, the Board unanimously agreed to this proposal.

#14 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Having now read both the CB operational rules and the NCLs proposed OP and Competition rules ,there does not seem to be any reference to " Dual registrations " in the NCLs rules , I am a bit confused here ,are the Ncl proposing to operate outside the CB recommendations ?

#15 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

Having now read both the CB operational rules and the NCLs proposed OP and Competition rules ,there does not seem to be any reference to " Dual registrations " in the NCLs rules , I am a bit confused here ,are the Ncl proposing to operate outside the CB recommendations ?

"Mr Hicks clarified that this ruling would be reflected in the professional game’s Operational Rules; therefore leagues would be asked to include this within their competition rules."

#16 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

And that's tells us what ?

The question still remains ,Ncl YES / NO to Dual registration ?

#17 hairywombat

hairywombat
  • Coach
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

I reckon it should be a big NO, the rfl seem to want the best of everything, nothing wrong with that from their point of view, but not at the expense of the NCL.

#18 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

And that's tells us what ?

The question still remains ,Ncl YES / NO to Dual registration ?

That's not what you asked. Is DR likely? Probably. Will there be rules about it? You would think so.

#19 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

Taxi , and Leigh miners . Your head coach was looking forward to the idea . He said so at the centurions amateur forum , so you look like your all for it

#20 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

Keith I do not know the views of the head coach or indeed that of the committee at the Miners as I do not represent their views the same apples to you with Leigh East .

I have my own views and choose to use this and other forums because that's what they are for .
Personally I think our section of the sport needs to air on the side of caution on Dual Registrations and clear guidelines need to be set as to eligibility ,and the integrity of the competition also needs to be protected .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users