Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting reading especially for the NCL clubs

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Pro players you would expect them to tolerate a certain degree off that happening with them getting paid but we all know if we are being honest the majority of amiture players won't , you would think that a good degree of thought would be put into how the players would think prior to deciding on this

#42 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

If it is adopted into the NCL rules there must be safeguards added to make sure the DR does not get abused , a case in point the DR used in the pro game Lee Briers and Chris Bridge both seasoned internationals turned out for Swinton.
They were not fringe players on the edge needing game time and that's what the NCL need to guard against .
There is talk of grading players as per their status ie super league / championship / academy .
In my opinion if DR was to be included the ruling should be players must be under 21 and can only play for their original community club .

#43 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

If it is adopted into the NCL rules there must be safeguards added to make sure the DR does not get abused , a case in point the DR used in the pro game Lee Briers and Chris Bridge both seasoned internationals turned out for Swinton.
They were not fringe players on the edge needing game time and that's what the NCL need to guard against .
There is talk of grading players as per their status ie super league / championship / academy .
In my opinion if DR was to be included the ruling should be players must be under 21 and can only play for their original community club .

Agreed. Would be surprised if not something like that.

#44 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

a number of players would have had more than i amateur club, ie George Williams at Wigan played the majority of his youth career at St.Pats and joined Wigans scholarship from Pats, but elected to play National league u-18s with Rose bridge, i think George is more likely to play super league than ncl in the coming season, but in similar cases would it be the players choice which of his former amateur clubs to play for, as with George the club he joined the pro club scholarship from may not be the last amateur club he played for.

#45 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

Surely it has to be the last amateur team they played for prior to signing a full academy contract.If DR does come in it should be for U18s only,above that means lads who work all week and train a couple of times a week come up against lads who have been in full time training at a super league club for 3-5 years.

#46 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'd have to agree with you!  :ph34r:

I'd probably go even further and say once they have appeared at first level at pro/semi-pro then they should be excluded from the agreement.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#47 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

First time for everything Statto .

#48 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

Surely it has to be the last amateur team they played for prior to signing a full academy contract.

Having the last amateur team is open to manipulation. If there is a "preferred" amateur team they can sign for them, play one game then go pro.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#49 chasetheace

chasetheace
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

This has got to be good for the community game ,with 3 semi pro players per conference league side. It makes sense and would be good for championship teams to keep a decent size squad knowing that fringe players could get a game in the conference.

To me this re-enforces the recent stance on making sure coaches at open age are properly qualified ,  I wouldn't imagine Pro clubs will send their players to clubs without coaches who are at least level 2 qualified and have appropriate medical personal (ie qualified physio etc).  This could actually lead to clubs becoming better environments for players across the board.

#50 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

This has got to be good for the community game ,with 3 semi pro players per conference league side. It makes sense and would be good for championship teams to keep a decent size squad knowing that fringe players could get a game in the conference.
To me this re-enforces the recent stance on making sure coaches at open age are properly qualified , I wouldn't imagine Pro clubs will send their players to clubs without coaches who are at least level 2 qualified and have appropriate medical personal (ie qualified physio etc). This could actually lead to clubs becoming better environments for players across the board.

I assume this is a wind up?

Are you suggesting that some clubs are knowingly/purposefully operating with coaches at OA level that are not level 2 qualified?

Or that they do not have appropriately qualified medical personell available on match days?

First post and you make rather provocative statements inferring what you have, hmmm.

Edited by LordCharles, 13 January 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#51 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Not sure this is a good idea, I doubt it will get voted in but we will see

#52 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Not sure this is a good idea, I doubt it will get voted in but we will see

Who said there would be a vote?

Who said the clubs will be in a position to vote on wether or not this policy will or will not be brought in?

#53 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Read 5.4.19

http://media.therfl....tember 2013.pdf

Dual registration will be operational for clubs to enter into partnerships across the professional and Community Game. A total of three players per week will be able to be dual registered. Revisions will be made to the existing regulations to ensure competition integrity is maintained.

You might want to read this one as well.............

A dual registration system between Tiers 2 and 3 (Championships) with Tiers 4 and 5 will need to be adopted, which acknowledges the sensitivities between these sections but also enables the free flow of players within them

So I think you can say.........It will happen with or without a vote from the NCL clubs.

Note the terminology "will be" and "will need to be".

Edited by LordCharles, 13 January 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#54 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Already been approved at CB , live with it .

#55 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Already been approved at CB , live with it .

I had heard the same but had not seen the official correspondence from the Community Board to confirm it 100%.

Ah well.......such is life!

As they say at the RFL........."it's good to talk"

Edited by LordCharles, 13 January 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#56 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

The NCL Clubs will decide if we accept Dual Registration, so there will be a vote.

#57 Defender

Defender
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

Like the NCL clubs had a vote on the Operational rules, management will decide

I noted the new Yorkshire Juniors constitution it already has included the operational rules, there was no vote they have been implemented again by management, no democracy there then

#58 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

The NCL Clubs will decide if we accept Dual Registration, so there will be a vote.

FWIW I think the NCL clubs are going to be bitten by the reality of the Operational Rules very soon.

Dual registration will be the first part of the process towards understanding they have little or no input when it comes to democratically shaping their own destiny.

Edited by LordCharles, 14 January 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#59 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Like the NCL clubs had a vote on the Operational rules, management will decide
I noted the new Yorkshire Juniors constitution it already has included the operational rules, there was no vote they have been implemented again by management, no democracy there then

The NCL Clubs were given the OR to study and asked to suggest any alterations if they had concerns. Only two clubs came back with any alterations and these were discussed at the Management meeting and adjusted accordingly. Clubs were obviously satisfied for them to go through after the NCL Management had requested the alterations they wanted.

#60 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

The NCL Clubs were given the OR to study and asked to suggest any alterations if they had concerns. Only two clubs came back with any alterations and these were discussed at the Management meeting and adjusted accordingly. Clubs were obviously satisfied for them to go through after the NCL Management had requested the alterations they wanted.

What you have posted has no relevance to what implications the operational rules hold in relation to dual registrations within the NCL at OA level.

When the proposed initiatives regarding dual registration that are outlined in the policy review are officially actioned/implemented then the RFL, via the governance bestowed upon them through the OR's, have the NCL and their member clubs by the short and curlies!

There will be no debate, vote or anything else that will change that!

What does make you wonder though is this, it's the Community Board that WILL/HAVE sanctioned Dual Registration and who do we know that sits on that little committee?

Enough said ;)

Edited by LordCharles, 14 January 2014 - 08:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users