TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Jastrzebie

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Just an Idea , but how about if we picked a game out say York at home.

And with this in mind made this a Polish day.  Hunslet could charge any Polish adult say £5 admission , and free to their children. Not Mr Guinness though getting in for a fiver ,  he may look and talk Polish after a few pints of the black stuff, but we know him.

We could call this game Hunslet jastrzebie ( this word in Polish meaning hawks ) V York. I checked this out at work , with two Polish workers. and on the internet.

Posters could be printed out with more details on them and put in the shops on Dewsbury Road and Beeston. I would gladly print out some posters , and take them to the Polish shops in the Beeston area. As what with Beeston turning into Warsaw the 2nd. 

We could maybe get some Polish beer in the Phoenix bar too.

The Polish people like their sport, so why not introduce them to the greatest sport on the planet.

One guy I work with from Georgia loves our game after coming to live here, but he supports Bradford Bulls, as he lives in Bradford.

Just get them down for a game , nothing to loose here. 

I mean Polish are only used to watching boring football after all. 

Pity their national flag is not the same colour as our team, now that would help.

#2 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Good idea why not tap into any resource available in the area if they produced some sort of id it would give some idea as to how many people it attracted. 

chappy

#3 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

You may as well give it a go. You never know it could help you recoup the money you will lose from the loyal fans you have lost but somehow I doubt it

#4 ligella nawson

ligella nawson
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

Think you might find yourself on a charge of racial discrimination

#5 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

Excellent idea from Ramone, thinking outside the box. It could be promoted through the Polish centre (which I think is on Harrogate road), and through the many polish shops. Looking further ahead, we could maybe host a Polish rugby league team for a friendly match ?

Possible funding from Leeds and Lodz councils...?

http://www.prxiii.co...s-new-fronteir/

#6 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

great reading get them on board you never know what could come of it a great way to spread the word in the community not a negative in sight.

chappy

#7 Duck Egg

Duck Egg
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

The biggest problem to this idea, is that it is discrimination. Why would someone who has a Polish passport be favoured just for being that nationality? Whilst it is 'positive discrimination' and is trying to get the whole community involved in a good way, it is illegal. Otherwise, shop keepers could return to the bad days when some had the slogan, "No Dogs, etc, etc". Whilst this is 'negative discrmination' at its worse, the same principle applies. Other ethnic groups/race are singled out, to the detriment/gain of others. To put it another way, I could then force the club to introduce a Scottish day. This meaning all my family could get in on the cheap...

For more info, look into the Equality Act 2010. This codifies everything from previous legislation on what is deemed as discrimination. By favouring one nationality, it would come under Chapter Two, Section 13, as 'direct discrimination':

13Direct discrimination

(1)A person (A) discriminates against another B if, because of a protected characteristic, A treats B less favourably than A treats or would treat others.

The protected characteristic in this case would be race:

9Race

(1)Race includes—
(a)colour;
(b)nationality;
©ethnic or national origins.

(2)In relation to the protected characteristic of race—
(a)a reference to a person who has a particular protected characteristic is a reference to a person of a particular racial group;
(b)a reference to persons who share a protected characteristic is a reference to persons of the same racial group.
(3)A racial group is a group of persons defined by reference to race; and a reference to a person's racial group is a reference to a racial group into which the person falls.
(4)The fact that a racial group comprises two or more distinct racial groups does not prevent it from constituting a particular racial group.

Any road, enough of being the legal eagle. It is a positive idea and I do not want to be slapped down and deemed a miserable sod. The easiest way to get round this, is to make the price structure available to everyone. This way, the whole community can take up the offer...

Edited by Duck Egg, 15 December 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#8 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Duck egg I started reading that at 12,30 got half way just woke up

#9 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

That probably says more about you than Duck Egg

#10 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

What about discounted entrance if you have more than 15 letters in your name......

#11 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

John Smith won't like that and we don't want to upset him

#12 ligella nawson

ligella nawson
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Why dont you just pick a game that will have a low attendence and charge everyone a fiver perhaps we might get a few romanians coming along i hope none of you ever try selling double glazing because you would starve to death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users