Anjem Choudray

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,835 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

Everyones favourite 'protestor' is at it again. This time threatening shop keepers in Brick lane with 40 lashes if they sell alcohol.

Seriously, what a ####

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#2 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

Where is all those former top faces like Cass Pennant etc who bring out book on glorifying Soccer violence in the 1980's with well up for it firms like the ICF etc.

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

Where is all those former top faces like Cass Pennant etc who bring out book on glorifying Soccer violence in the 1980's with well up for it firms like the ICF etc.

I'd like to think that, now they're ability to organise a public 'ruck' has been curtailed by police number and intelligence, Pennant and those of his ilk spend a lot of time punching themselves in the face.

Edited by TheTerminator, 14 December 2013 - 10:23 AM.

Posted Image

#4 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

I'd like to think that, now they're ability to organise a public 'ruck' has been curtailed by police number and intelligence, Pennant and those of his ilk spend a lot of time punching themselves in the face.

Maybe they should take up one of the Rugby codes.

#5 Martyn Sadler

Martyn Sadler

League Publications Ltd

• 2,786 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

Choudary appeared on the BBC Radio 4 Today programme this morning talking about the verdict in the Lee Rigby trial.

Naturally he refused to condemn the killers, and the presenter John Humphrys proved incapable of exposing Choudary's cant and hypocrisy.

It's difficult to know why the BBC keep giving him publicity, treating him as some sort of Muslim spokesman, when clearly he isn't, apart from for a minority of perverted individuals such as the two murderers in this case.

As Mehdi Hasan has commented about him: "Is Choudary an Islamic scholar whose views merit attention or consideration? No. Has he studied under leading Islamic scholars? Nope. Does he have any Islamic qualifications or credentials? None whatsoever. So what gives him the right to pontificate on Islam, British Muslims or 'the hellfire'? Or proclaim himself a 'sharia judge'?"

That having been said, Choudary was trained as a lawyer and dealt with Humphrys quite impressively. It would be easy to imagine young hotheaded Muslims listening to that interview and siding with him, and joining his so-called jihadi organisation. On the other hand, I can't imagine how I would have felt if I had been a relative of Lee Rigby.

For reaction to the interview see: http://www.telegraph...ry-airtime.html

#6 Grollo

Grollo
  • Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

How would Brian Redhead have dealt with Choudary?

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

#7 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

Choudary appeared on the BBC Radio 4 Today programme this morning talking about the verdict in the Lee Rigby trial.

Naturally he refused to condemn the killers, and the presenter John Humphrys proved incapable of exposing Choudary's cant and hypocrisy.

It's difficult to know why the BBC keep giving him publicity, treating him as some sort of Muslim spokesman, when clearly he isn't, apart from for a minority of perverted individuals such as the two murderers in this case.

As Mehdi Hasan has commented about him: "Is Choudary an Islamic scholar whose views merit attention or consideration? No. Has he studied under leading Islamic scholars? Nope. Does he have any Islamic qualifications or credentials? None whatsoever. So what gives him the right to pontificate on Islam, British Muslims or 'the hellfire'? Or proclaim himself a 'sharia judge'?"

That having been said, Choudary was trained as a lawyer and dealt with Humphrys quite impressively. It would be easy to imagine young hotheaded Muslims listening to that interview and siding with him, and joining his so-called jihadi organisation. On the other hand, I can't imagine how I would have felt if I had been a relative of Lee Rigby.

Tell you the truth after what happened to Lee Rigby I thought there be mass riot's from the EDL and the more BNP type's but instead was shocked to see student's/UAF type's alongside Muslim youths confronting the 2 groups when they when the EDL were laying wreath's, but you never see the UAF/muslim youths confront Choudary ????

#8 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

I disagree with a lot of what Medhi Hasan but he's on the money here.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#9 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

#10 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,835 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Choudray trained as a lawyer? That's impressive because he is possibly the only person I have seen torn to pieces by GMTV 'shoes and handbags' presenter Kate Garraway. Seriously.

He's thick. Very thick. Not to mention a hypocritical retard. He is also of limited intelligence - hence his racist views. I aren't entirely sure why this qualifies him to be taken seriously but clearly the BBC do.

#11 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

I aren't entirely sure why this qualifies him to be taken seriously but clearly the BBC do.

They use him to present the opposite viewpoint.  Every subject is given false balance by giving 2 points of view, regardless of how stupid the argument is.  It's why they reel out Steve Green to voice the Christian viewpoint or Dellingpole on Climate.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#12 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,835 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

They use him to present the opposite viewpoint. Every subject is given false balance by giving 2 points of view, regardless of how stupid the argument is. It's why they reel out Steve Green to voice the Christian viewpoint or Dellingpole on Climate.

They could easily find someone to argue a different viewpoint, however unpalatable it may seem. Not the shock jocks they seem to wheel out.

#13 Jerry the Berry

Jerry the Berry
  • Coach
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

This is the same BBC that insisted on referring to the perpetrators of the recent Kenyan Mall masacre as 'militants' and never 'terrorists'.

Why they have to wheel out Choudray to provide an alternative viewpoint on such a disgusting crime as the Lee Rigby murder is beyond me.

#14 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,835 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

Now I think about it, why exactly do the BBC need to hear from someone with an alternative viewpoint on this?
I'm struggling to think when we heard from someone arguing the other side of paedophiles or rapists. ..and I bet they could find someone willing to defend those if they tried.
Why do we need to hear from swipes like Choudary? It can only be poor/titillating journalism.

#15 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,787 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

Why do we need to hear from swipes like Choudary? It can only be poor/titillating journalism.

Own question answered I think.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#16 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

Now I think about it, why exactly do the BBC need to hear from someone with an alternative viewpoint on this?
I'm struggling to think when we heard from someone arguing the other side of paedophiles or rapists. ..and I bet they could find someone willing to defend those if they tried.

I have read he is a false act for M15 etc but really I am surprised some hard east end nutter has not taken out the sad windbag. .

#17 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

Nu-Labour.

#18 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,835 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

Own question answered I think.

[Lou and Andy] Yeah I know [/Lou and Andy]

But can't they at least wait a while until it isn't so raw for his relatives? I don't expect such poor standards from R4.

These 2 murdering freaks did not do what they did because they have a great knowledge of injustice in the world but because they have been whipped into a frenzy by people like Choudary. It's exactly the same sort of thing that all racist and fascist organisations use, get the cannon fodder doing the dirty work.
I think it was an incredibly bad call by the BBC. Now they have set this precedent, I imagine we will get all sorts of knobs arguing alternative viewpoints.
nb perhaps there is a place for debating why this occurred but not with idiots like him and at a better time.

#19 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

Nothing surprises me anymore in this crazy, mixed up world. The murders were truly ghastly enacted out in full public view, and as an ex serviceman myself who has encountered hatred in the Middle East, I feel deeply for Lee Rigby's relatives, comrades and friends. 

#20 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

Whilst there is no point on putting him on, the BBC are in an awkward position.

There are many on here who seem to think science is politically biased and would think it ludicrous that only people who know what they are talking about get to argue about science.  They should have handled the vaccine debate by saying it was a corrupt doctor will to see kids die to boost his profits, and papers willing to see kids die to sell more papers.  Imagine the BBC then arguing they were not biased.

This is the flip side of that coin.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users