New Ground

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

So London have signed a ground sharing agreement that they say will enable them to complete their fixtures in 2014 and 2015, Isn't it time the powers that be met so we would know where the heck everything is going? No mention of players or finance. but as has already been said they will be no doubt be shipped out in some way by the RL.

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

So London have signed a ground sharing agreement that they say will enable them to complete their fixtures in 2014 and 2015, Isn't it time the powers that be met so we would know where the heck everything is going? No mention of players or finance. but as has already been said they will be no doubt be shipped out in some way by the RL.

Sean Longs name as been linked to them also I do believe
Im Fev and im proud

#3 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Only a couple of weeks ago, JC, that their benefactor stated that he had nothing more to give, having ploughed millions into the club. Now states that upon the groundshare deal going through, that he is willing to take over once again. Summat not reight here. Smells of coercion and nepotism IMO.

Only good thing to come out of it is the fact that it will simplify the relegation issue when it is introduced

To be blunt, apart from a mere handful of people, there is no support for the game, be it London or Wales. I traveled to Wales to watch my grandson represent England against Wales. There was just a handful of RL supporters there plus a majority of RU supporters who were just there for the ride and to extract the Micheal out of our lads. Played at an RU ground, no seating, stood out in pouring rain on a muddy banking. They obviously could not even obtain the facilities or the backing of the RL in the area or at national level We thrashed them. but the organisation was ****..  

Edited by saddleworth, 14 December 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#4 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

Lets not worry about London we need to make sure everything is in place at Fev and we do things right for the end of 2015

#5 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

So London have signed a ground sharing agreement that they say will enable them to complete their fixtures in 2014 and 2015,

It'll be with Barrow.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 15 December 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#6 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

Lets not worry about London we need to make sure everything is in place at Fev and we do things right for the end of 2015

I agree jt about Rovers. But you are assuming the P&R will be in place. This item is of interest to Rovers as we offered to take their place in 2014 if they couldn't meet the criteria for being in SL. My point is that whatever the circumstances it seems that the powers will forget the rules they laid down to ensure that London survive. Further have we had any notification of when the meeting of RL and the clubs will be.

#7 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

I agree jt about Rovers. But you are assuming the P&R will be in place. This item is of interest to Rovers as we offered to take their place in 2014 if they couldn't meet the criteria for being in SL. My point is that whatever the circumstances it seems that the powers will forget the rules they laid down to ensure that London survive. Further have we had any notification of when the meeting of RL and the clubs will be.

I think P&R has been agreed it's just how it will be achieved is what needs sorting out plus the distribution of the money

#8 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

Well at least we now know the SL clubs will be meeting on the 14th January about the governence of their competition. Depending on that meeting will be the set up of the league structure. The latest idea is for a rolling programme of promotion every three years from the Championship. If three different clubs win the Championship in that time then there will be a play off. It gives the promoted club a three year breathing space but doesn't cater for clubs wanting to get on, having to wait three years and then possibly failing because of prevailing circumstances at the play off. The idea has it's merits but if this scheme was adopted I would much rather see a team promoted each year and given a three year period of no relegation. Or do you still prefer the two twelves three eights set up. Who knows after the first meeting there might be a breakaway and then all ideas go to the pot. What a mess.

#9 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

I just do not know how they will resolve the situation, JC. If, as you state, clubs could be given a three years period of no relegation, surely that would be in conflict with what we are trying to resolve. IMO  and obviously it will never happen, the only way to gain parity is for the sport to revert to part time.

#10 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Well there is a meeting on the 14th January and then one scheduled for the 28th. Until then we can only specualte Saddleworth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users