Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

P&R back in 2015?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

Do we think this has any truth in it?

Link from Donny web site:http://www.doncaster...le.php?id=12572

Edited by The Grinder, 14 December 2013 - 09:12 PM.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#2 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

It had to come back took longer than I thought though
With what's going on at Fev at the moment the timing could be spot on for us to challange for promotion if Bastion gets the team working as one
One thing that needs to change though is the salary cap in the championship and more distribution of the money to the lower league for it to work

A lot of work has been done at Rovers but the next two years will be massive to the future of Featherstone Rovers if we want to achieve our goal and we must all stick together as one to get there

#3 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Ha 2015? Watch us have worst season and fail to get to superleague, wouldn't be surprised.

#4 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Would that be the FINNish?

#5 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

Ha 2015? Watch us have worst season and fail to get to superleague, wouldn't be surprised.

Well our previous coach got the team to win 4 league leaders shields and 3 grand finals winning one and some supporters think it wasn't good enough so if we don't do both this year and next don't know what they will be saying

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,062 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:59 AM

Well our previous coach got the team to win 4 league leaders shields and 3 grand finals winning one and some supporters think it wasn't good enough so if we don't do both this year and next don't know what they will be saying

Like I said on facebook jt, success depends on your definition.
If you define being champions as winning the league, and solely that, we've had a tremendously successful time.
If you define success as winning the grand final, we've (perhaps) under performed. As for the NRC...... terrible!
It's all down to definition and expectation.

Edited by Robin Evans, 20 December 2013 - 07:07 AM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,062 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

I'm guessing your glass is half empty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#8 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,062 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

I would have p&r back tomorrow. I think that is the fairest system. It has its flaws.. every system does. Next yrs relegation scrap would be a belter.

#9 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

I would have p&r back tomorrow. I think that is the fairest system. It has its flaws.. every system does. Next yrs relegation scrap would be a belter.

But would would prefer Fev to be in the SL dogfight next year or in what promises to be a very tight Championship with Fax, Leigh, Sheffield, Batley all recruiting well. And the likes of Rams, Haven, Donny, Crusaders will not be that far behind either.

Can't wait for the season to start now.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#10 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

P&R All the way....the game is boring without it........Might actually take a bit of interest in super league next season now we know there will be team(s) getting relegated.

I would say fev have been very successful over the last four years and consistently the best team. However i'd swap some of that consistency and LLshields for Grand Final wins.

Brilliant as we've been.......the amount of big finals and semi finals we've lost will always grate on me.......and it's something i hope our new set up and overcome.

One thing for sure is we've got a couple of good drop goal kickers now!!!!

Edited by tuutaisrambo, 20 December 2013 - 10:00 AM.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

#11 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

According to League Express, 2 sides will definitely be relegated from SL at the end of 2014.

Posted Image

#12 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

Our previous coach had by far the biggest playing and coaching budget  and won 1 trophy that meant anything, he was also in charge when the RFL virtually condemned our youth structure. I dont think he did as well as many think he did. Our youth structure has just been given a 100% thumbs up improvement by the RFL so Bastian is already on the way to eclipsing the previous regime

#13 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

Our previous coach had by far the biggest playing and coaching budget  and won 1 trophy that meant anything, he was also in charge when the RFL virtually condemned our youth structure. I dont think he did as well as many think he did. Our youth structure has just been given a 100% thumbs up improvement by the RFL so Bastian is already on the way to eclipsing the previous regime

good. youth is the way to go.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#14 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,532 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

According to League Express, 2 sides will definitely be relegated from SL at the end of 2014.

But none promoted if we are going to 2x12.

A Fev Blog

#15 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

The meeting on the 14th will show which way we are going. Lets hope common sense prevails.

#16 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Leigh have today announced the end of the Wigan partnership, citing P&R as a major factor

#17 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

Leigh have no chance with their crowds.They be straight back down.

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,062 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

The same argiments we use to justify a sl place can be applied to leigh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users