Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Strip and DR's

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

Love the new strip, best we've had for ages, really smart and professional. someone commented on FB that it looks like a Huddersfield Giants shirt,that can only be good as far as I'm concerned, it cements the tie-up and really shows that the club has forward aspirations. As far as the squad numbers and DR's go, only 1 player I've not heard of and that's the last one on the list, is he a Giant? Rumour had it that these would be season-long DR's, is this the case, or will it be a case of perm any each week? Having seen the squad list I must say I'm mightily impressed.

#2 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Yes the last one on the list is also a Giant. When making the announcements JK said that these from Hudds were registered with us and would be available to him for the season to include in the team/squad when he needed.

#3 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

Jake Connor is perhaps the most exciting of the DRs. He played twice  last season for the Giants and scored in both games. Looks big and quick. Although he played fullback for the Giants imagine JK will have him pencilled in as a centre.

#4 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

Love the new strip, best we've had for ages, really smart and professional. someone commented on FB that it looks like a Huddersfield Giants shirt,that can only be good as far as I'm concerned, it cements the tie-up and really shows that the club has forward aspirations. As far as the squad numbers and DR's go, only 1 player I've not heard of and that's the last one on the list, is he a Giant? Rumour had it that these would be season-long DR's, is this the case, or will it be a case of perm any each week? Having seen the squad list I must say I'm mightily impressed.

Great to see you embracing the 'feeder club' concept in all its glory....

Posted Image

#5 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

Our colours Phil are same as (maroon/cerise/white) giants , meaning that some years , they will be close , but this applies to leigh/wigan and fev/fax also , nothing to do with dual reg link

#6 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Agree Bob, but it's still a nice shirt. It goes some way towards getting back to the cerise with fawn hoops that we went back to after the red and white hoop era. Terminator, which way round do you mean the 'feeder club' situation' seems like it's mostly them feeding us!! wasn't a fan of Dr loast season but at least those lads who turned out for us really showed that their loyalties lay with us, you only needed to see the reactions of Mullaley and Fairbank after the leigh and Featherstone wins to see that.

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

Agree Bob, but it's still a nice shirt. It goes some way towards getting back to the cerise with fawn hoops that we went back to after the red and white hoop era. Terminator, which way round do you mean the 'feeder club' situation' seems like it's mostly them feeding us!! wasn't a fan of Dr loast season but at least those lads who turned out for us really showed that their loyalties lay with us, you only needed to see the reactions of Mullaley and Fairbank after the leigh and Featherstone wins to see that.

I think dual registration is working well for us. However, I can't fathom your apparent pleasure at the fact that our new kit closely resembles that of our partner club?

Edited by TheTerminator, 15 December 2013 - 04:27 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

Termite .... I think phil dog is merely saying its a nice shirt??? I can't fathom your apparent need to make more of his post...

#9 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

Anyway. . . . I also like the new kit, the nearer it is to the one designed by RPH a couple of seasons ago, the better. I am also surprised by the quality of the players coming from Huddersfield. I am surprised to see Fairbank and Mullaley back and have always been impressed by Mason whenever I have seen him. I was a little concerned previously as to the depth of our squad but not so now. However, I would still prefer to see our team made up of those players who have signed permanent deals with us.

#10 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Termite .... I think phil dog is merely saying its a nice shirt??? I can't fathom your apparent need to make more of his post...

Are you sure we've read the same post? Ok then, I'll agree for the sake of it. In retrospect, I guess that having a shirt that's very similar to that of Huddersfield Giants is a REALLY great idea as it cements our tie-up and signals our ambition.

Edited by TheTerminator, 15 December 2013 - 06:32 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

The shirt looks nothing like Huddersfield giants it's more like Brisbane broncos 1992 without the white at the bottom also our duel reg players will do a job when selected as we have seen now I wonder if phildog has found out who the new player was Iro was telling since he told the whole of Facebook

#12 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Flipping heck, wish I'd never expressed an opinion!! And no, it was only a comment he made during a phone call, might have come to nothing, I'm not the oracle!! Just forget I ever spoke ok?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users