TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

DR ende with Vikings

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Crusaders have always bemused me . Low crowds , low profile , sometimes low leagues , but big outlays and big signings . Ever since they came on the scene with a bang it seems to have been the same .

#22 AlwaysCru

AlwaysCru
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

I don't think that's neccesarily fair DavidM, I appreciate Crusaders as a Super League side didn't neccesarily cut it - but since a new group came in and launched a (totally brand new club) a couple of years ago - I think they've punched above their weight.

If you think on the 1st December a couple of years ago North Wales didn't have one single player and had only just appointed a coach it's been a good performance ever since, getting promotion in year two.

And not wanting to make it 'my Dad is bigger than your Dad' - in that first year North Wales got an average home crowd of 927, when we finished 8th and you got promoted with an average home crowd of 759. Last year when North Wales was in Championship One we got an average home crowd of 969 and in the Championship you got an average of 799.

I don't think it's just gate receipts either, I reckon the commercial income is pretty strong too.

All together that'll buy you a few players...

#23 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

I say good luck to ya looking forward to seeing big Ryan McDonald back up here too!! We will be ok as we are town

#24 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

Leuluai was better for us, but we saw the real kavanagh during the world cup and he was excellent, really ran it in hard. I think on the whole the link up with Widnes went well, good luck for the new season ratboy.

Cheers mate and you never know there might be a few sent on a season loan.Goodluck in the new season.

#25 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Good luck the Vikings be good to see big Lawton kavanah and Hulme hopefully show casing there skills for sky and more of craven too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users