DR With Wigan?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

Heard a crck at work off a Town player we have a friendly Vs Wigan and will be announcing DR with them too,

Few names in the wigan squad from 20-38 i would be happy to see at Town.

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

It would be about as good a team as we could partner with. Always have good youngsters coming through who would fit in nicely to our squad. As long as we stick to our philosophy like last year and we dictate who we use and when rather than them.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Would be a good move linking with them.

Here is what it says in the league express about Wigan "Says in league express that Wigan will go on a 11 say camp and then have friendlies against Leigh, London, saints and Workington"

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

one of the reasons the Raiders didnt go DR with Wigan last year was they insisted that whoever was offered HAD to play that weekend ... no ifs no buts. Just be careful !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

one of the reasons the Raiders didnt go DR with Wigan last year was they insisted that whoever was offered HAD to play that weekend ... no ifs no buts. Just be careful !

To be honest you would expect the majority of players they send up would be starting anyway. But its not a situation I would be happy with.

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

it will come down to how strong our club and coach is in there beliefs to do things the right way and from past experiences you can fault them, no one can accuse us of bowing to the pressures Of widnes and im sure we wont whoever our new partner will be.

Edited by wonky, 16 December 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#7 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

in that case the DR with Wigan will probably not happen Wonky !

Lee Morton

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

in that case the DR with Wigan will probably not happen Wonky !

I dont think anyone has said its definitely wigan, its just a rumour thats going about and people joining some dots and coming up with answers. ive also heard were dr with london. Were going to be the ones loaning them players lol.

#9 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Were in talks with two different teams

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

If we're the primary DR team for Wigan then that's a different league to Widnes and I wouldn't think you'd be turning down to many of those fringe lads . I've seen there academy and reserve team and boy that clubs a factory of talent . Where that leaves the aim of long loanies is another question ... But I agree we just have to wait n see . If it is Wigan or Salford that's win win .

#11 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

the Salford connection hinges on Swinton really as if Kashcow buys Swinton they will surely be DR with them ??

David I agree DR with the pie eaters on paper looks a sure fire hit but if you are FORCED to play say 3 players at the expense of 3 loyal squad players how do you think those squad players would feel ?

Lee Morton

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

I don't know . We're going round in circles if we start that again . We can focus on the negatives , or we can say this would be a great link up with many positives ( if it happens ) . Let's just see what transpires and after that how it gets used. . We have learnt from last year , that's clear from what's been said in the article . This can only be potentially good news surely , but it's time to just sit back and wait

Edited by DavidM, 16 December 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#13 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

Morty we were told exactly the same thing about the Widnes DR too, but it never happened. As with the Widnes link up we just have to take any new dr at face value for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users