Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Puig Aubert Stand

- at Stade Brutus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

The new west stand behind the posts which was opened I think in 2012 will be named I understand after probably the greatest treizist of all - the mercurial full back of the 50's Puig Aubert who regaled the Aussies in the famous tour of 1951. Aubert was a Catalan but made his name at Carcassonne. There is a statue of Aubert at Stade Domec too. I think its great that the game remembers former players and officials in this manner. Tribune Bonzoms the main stand where the players enter the field at Brutus was named after a local Doctor who was responsible for Catalan XIII rise to fame after the 2nd World War.
PUIGAUBERTORANGE_zps59427ff3.jpg
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#2 Henson Park Old Firm

Henson Park Old Firm
  • Coach
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

Great news

#3 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:45 AM

Very good indeed. The game is starting to do more and more about its heritage which is great to see. Puig Aubert is one of the very special names in world rugby league.

#4 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,437 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

A star player and quite a character too. I'd like to see the reaction of a modern-day coach if he saw his full-back cadging rollups from the crowd. :biggrin:

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5 pahars

pahars
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:54 AM

Brilliant :) I went to the French grand final in 2006 in Carcassonne and loved the statue

Great to see him honoured for his contribution to X111 Catalan too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users