TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Where was Station Rd Ground exactly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

I remember coming to Swinton several times in the 70's and 80's and was just wondering exactly where the ground used to be ?

Is it where the housing estate called the Gateways now sits abutting the railway line ??

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#2 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

I remember coming to Swinton several times in the 70's and 80's and was just wondering exactly where the ground used to be ?

Is it where the housing estate called the Gateways now sits abutting the railway line ??

Lee

Hi Lee

Yes, it was the plot of land where The Gateways now stands, with the railway line forming the boundary on one side.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

Cheers mate .... such a shame that Swinton RL moved out ... I dont know the why's and wherefours but a crying shame

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

That is right - it was the plot bordered by Pendlebury Road, Townsend Road, Lynton Avenue and the Railway line.

As for why Swinton moved out .... that is murky story.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users